|Dr Tan Joo Ean |
Division of Sociology
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD University of Texas at Austin 1991
- MA University of Texas at Austin 1987
- BA(Hons) University of Western Ontario 1985
|Tan Joo Ean currently teaches Sociology at Nanyang Technological University. She has also worked at the National University of Singapore, and at the University of Washington in Seattle where she was a post-doctoral fellow.|
|Marriage and Family Issues; Identity and Social Change; Southeast Asia (urban); Social Demography.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-)
|Current Projects |
- Social, economic and political change and family patterns in Reformasi Indonesia
- JooEan Tan. (2013, April ). Are the living arrangements of never-married women in Bangkok changing? An examination of present circumstances and future plans. Paper presented at International Conference on Demographic and Institutional Change in Global Families, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Nurliyana Binte Daros and Tan JooEan. (2013). Gen Y and Social Media in SingaporeURECA, Nanyang Technological University.
- Premchand Dommaraju and JooEan Tan. (2012, August ). Households in contemporary Southeast Asia. Paper presented at 2nd Asian Population Association Conference, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Nurliyana Binte Daros and Tan JooEan. (2012). Definition of Self among Young AdultsURECA, Nanyang Technological University.
- Tan JooEan and Nurliyana Daros. (2011, December ). The Gen Y self: How Singaporean undergraduates see themselves. Paper presented at 6th International Conference on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, National University of Singapore.