|Asst Prof Jitamitra Desai|
Division of Systems and Engineering Management
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4411
- PhD (Industrial & Sys Eng) Virginia Polytechnic Inst. & State Uni 2005
- MSc (Industrial & Sys Eng) Virginia Polytechnic Inst. & State Uni 2002
- BTech (Civil Eng & Operations Research) Indian Institute of Technology, Madras 2000
|Dr. Jitamitra Desai is currently an Assistant Professor in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Nanyang Technological University. Dr. Desai obtained his Ph.D. from the Industrial and Systems Engineering department at Virginia Tech, working under the supervision of Dr. Hanif D. Sherali. His B.Tech degree is from the Indian Institute of Technology – Madras. Dr. Desai has authored several refereed journal articles and book chapters, and is actively involved in the optimization community.|
|Dr. Desai's research interests are primarily in the area of mathematical optimization and nonconvex analysis, with a focus on analyzing and designing algorithms for mixed-integer, nonlinear, nonconvex programs. He is also pursuing research ideas in stochastic decision analysis, network and graph problems, and computational optimization. Application areas include transportation systems, wireless communications, and emergency response management.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Air Traffic Management Research Institute (ATMRI) (2013-) [by Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS)]
- Start Up Grant (2011-2013) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Convexification-based techniques for global optimization with applications to transportation and wireless communication problems
- Developing a global optimization envelope for multi-stage stochastic decision analysis
- Development of an Integral Fast-Time and Radar Simulation Systems for Air Traffic Management
- Desai, J. (2010). Lagrangian Optimization for LP.Wiley Encyclopedia for Operations Research and Management Science. (pp. Vol 04., 2691- 2702)..
- Sherali, H.D., Desai, J. and Glickman, T.S. (2008). Optimal Allocation of Risk-Reduction Resources in Event Trees. Management Science, 54, 1313-1321.
- Sherali, H.D., Desai, J. and Rakha, H. (2006). A discrete optimization approach for locating automatic vehicle identification readers for the provision of roadway travel times. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 40, 857-871.
- Sherali, H.D. and Desai, J. (2005). A global optimization RLT-based approach for solving the hard clustering problem. Journal of Global Optimization, 32, 281-306.
- Sherali, H.D. and Desai, J. (2005). A global optimization RLT-based approach for solving the fuzzy clustering problem. Journal of Global Optimization, 33, 597-615.