|Assoc Prof Ivan Shelykh |
Nanyang Associate Professor (NTU)
Division of Physics & Applied Physics
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
College of Science
- PhD in Physics St Petersburg State Polytechnical Uni. 2001
- Master in Physics St Petersburg State Polytechnical Uni. 1999
- Bachelors in Physics St Petersburg State Polytechnical Uni. 1997
|Born in 1976 in Leningrad, Sovied Union. |
Received bachelor and Master degrees in Physics in St. Peterssburg Polytechnical University, Russia.
In 2001 completed his PhD in the field of theoretical quantum transport.
Then moved to to France, where worked for 3 years as a “Marie Curie” Postdoc at Blaise Pascal University, Clermont Ferrand, in the framework of the European network CLERMONT2 devoted to the physics of quantum microcavities.
In 2005-2006 worked as research fellow ath the University of Southampton.
In 2006 obtained a position of visiting professor at the International Center of Condensed Matter Physics (ICCMP), Brasilia, where he was heading a group “Quantum wells and 2D electron gas”.
In 2008, moved back to Europe where he is employed as professor at Science Institute, University of Iceland, Reykjavik and coordinates “Center of Excellence in Polaritonics” funded by Icelandic National Research Council (Rannis).
From 2012 Nanyang Associate Professor.
|Quantum and nonlinear optics|
BEC in condensed matter systems
Quantum many body theory
|Research Grant |
|Current Projects |
- NAP Grant (Seed Funding) - Spin Related Phenomena in Mesoscopic Systems
- I G Savenko, T C H Liew, I A Shelykh. (2013). Stochastic Gross-Pitaevskii equation for excitonic systems. Physical Review Letters, 110, 127402.
- T C H Liew, M M Glazov, K V Kavokin, I A Shelykh, M Kaliteevski, A V Kavokin. (2013). Proposal for a bosonic cascade laser. Physical Review Letters, 110, 047402.
- T C H Liew, I A Shelykh. (2012). Non-adiabatic population transfer in coupled bosonic systems. Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, 45, 245003.