|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Ina Conradi Chavez
School of Art, Design and Media
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Phone: (+65)6513 8055
Office: ART 4-32
- MFA (Art) University of California, Los Angeles 1989
- BA (Textile Painting) University of Arts in Belgrade 1986
|Ina Conradi-Chavez (USA, Singapore)|
Ina's Areas of Research are: Public Art, Fine Art, Procedural Interactive Installation, Computer Generated Animation, Stereoscopic 3D, 360 Immersive Media Displays
Ina is an award-winning new media artist. Ina has presented her works at the Ars Electronica Festival, 3D Beyond Festival ZKM, Siggraph Asia Hong Kong, ISEA, Asia Animation Forum PISAF Korea, 3D Stereo MEDIA Liège, the 67th Edinburgh International Film Festival, Paramount Studios Hollywood, FMX Conference on Animation, Effects, Games and Transmedia Stuttgart. Ina holds Master’s of Fine Art from UCLA. She has been teaching at the California State University Long Beach, at the LASALLE College of the Arts and since 2007 at the Nanyang Technological University. Ina is a member of Union of Slovene Fine Art Arts Association, (ZDSLU), and has been Japan Foundation Fellow since 1991.Currently Associate Professor at the School of Art, Design and Media she has been presented with the Koh Boon Hwee Scholars Award 2015 and the Nanyang Education Award 2014 (School) for recognition to the influence of inspirational teaching.
Her recent ongoing project is Media Art Nexus or MAN (2016). Media Art Nexus or MAN is a community public art project that aims at providing a platform for exhibiting interactive digital art created by the multi-disciplinary community of NTU. It would enable students, faculty and public to test fresh ideas and exciting new media for powerful co-creation and expression. Through use of latest multimedia technologies, which are also integrated into the curriculum and will be taught in the class of Assoc Professor Ina Conradi, this project also aims to explore new terrains to enhance digital interactive media and fine art expressions. Conceived with a vision to showcase digital interactive artworks, MAN is created to promote interdisciplinary collaborations in art, design, science, medicine and engineering technologies. MAN is a channel for discourse, exchange, participation and novel expression of the NTU community, local and international artists, scientists, researchers, cultural and art institutions. MAN aims to enhance students’ learning experience and vibrancy on campus. This public art installation is a project of NTU Museum, and is built in collaboration with Associate Professor Ina Conradi- Chavez and new media artist Mark Chavez.
|Area of research: |
-Procedural Interactive Installation
-Computer Generated Animation
-Digital experimental animation
- Stereoscopic 3D
- Interactive Media
-360 Immersive Media Displays
The research delves into an exploration of trandisciplinary visual art media, researching and integrating emotive and subjective abstract image making in digital, traditional and non-traditional forms. Drawing on the ideas of the merging of digital painting, avant-garde film-making and sound cultures, current work aims to craft immersive, interactive and 3D animated installation using digital image, seeking innovative convergence of art and technology to transform spaces into novel experiences.
11.2011-10.2017 MOE AcRF Tier 1 “Immersive Animated Canvas: Merging New Media Art and Technology for Immersive Cinema and Visualization Experiences", PI Ina Conradi (Asst Prof), Co-Pi Ben Alvin Shedd, (Professor) NTU ADM
1.3.2011-28.02.2014 MOE AcRF Tier 1 RG 55/10 (M52090031) "3D Stereo Animated Pictorial Space: Towards New Aesthetics in Contemporary Painting" PI Ina Conradi (Asst Prof), Co-Pi Dr Xiao Wei Sun, EEE (Assoc Prof) NTU
15.8.2011--31.12.2013 IMI Seed Grant, (M4080760.B40) "Unframed", PI Ina Conradi (Asst Prof), Co-Pi Mark Chavez (Asst Prof) NTU ADM
01.01.2008-28.2.2010 MOE (AcRF) Tier 1 RG105/10 (M52090000) “Digital Imaging in Singapore", PI Ina Conradi (Asst Prof) NTU ADM
02/2009-02/2011 MOE (AcRF) Tier 1 “Exploring kinetoaudiovisual parameter mapping strategies for virtual instrument performance and interactive installation,” PI Per Magnus Lindborg, Co-PI Ina Conradi Chavez (Asst Prof), NTU ADM (5% Involvement)
01.10.2010-30.11.2011 IMI Seed Grant, (M4080629.B40) "Stereo Pictorial Spaces", PI Ina Conradi (Asst Prof) Co-Pi Dr Xiao Wei Sun, EEE (Assoc Prof), NTU ADM
01.12.2010-31. 05.2012 IMI Seed Grant: “EEG-based Immersion and 3D Interaction: E-learning, Art, and Medical Application”, PI Olga Sourina Co-PI Ina Conradi (10%) NTU ADM
- 3D Stereo Animated Pictorial Space: Towards new aesthetics in contemporary painting
- Digital Imaging in Singapore: The Integration of digital imagery with traditional art media and techniquesfor site specific architectural, urban and landscape settings of Singapore
- Ina Conradi Chavez. (2014). 3D Stereo Pictorial Spaces. ISBN 978-981-08-5116-3 Ina Conradi.
- Tan Cheng Quan, Conradi Ina. (2013). 4th Proceedings of the URECA@NTU 2009/09, ADM: Digital Imaging in Singapore. (pp. 1330-1335).
- Ina Conradi. (2012). 3D Stereo Pictorial Spaces: Towards New Aesthetic in Contemporary Painting. Self-Published.
- Ina Conradi. (2012). Art at the edges of materiality. Journal on Multimodal User Interfaces, Volume 4&5(Issue 1-2), 69-75.
- 1st Author Ina Conradi, 2nd Author Yoon, Wai Cheong Davier. (2012). 2011 Eight International Conference, on Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization: Visual Resonance: Fine Art and 3D Stereo Pictoriality. 2011 Eight International Conference, on Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization (CGIV) (pp. pp, 25-32)Singapore/London: IEEE Computer Society Washington, DC, USA ©2011.