|Assoc Prof Tan Hee Beng Kuan|
Division of Information Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5631
- PhD National University of Singapore 1996
- MSc National University of Singapore 1988
- BSc(Hons) Nanyang University 1974
|Dr. Tan Hee Beng Kuan received his B.Sc. (First Class Honours) in Mathematics in 1974 from the Nanyang University (Singapore). He received his M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science from the National University of Singapore in 1989 and 1996 respectively. He has thirteen years of experience in IT industry before moving to academic. His IT experiences include design and development of software systems, and management of software development projects. Currently, he is an Associate Professor with the Information Communication Institute of Singapore (ICIS) in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. Prior to joining ICIS, he was lecturing in the Department of Information Systems and Computer Science in the National University of Singapore. His research interest is in Software Engineering. Currently, his main research focus is on Software Testing and Analysis, Software Security and Software Size Estimation. Dr Tan has published in premier international software engineering journals and conferences including ACM Transactions on Software Engineering (TOSEM), IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) and ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE).|
|Software Security; Software Testing and Analysis; Software Size Estimation.|
|Research Grant |
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2012-2014) [by Ministry of Defense (MINDEF), Nanyang Technological University]
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2013-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University, Ministry of Defense (MINDEF)]
- Ministry of Defense (2010-)
|Current Projects |
- Auditing Input Validation from Assembly Code for Security Defence, Verification and Testing
- Detection of Security Vulnerabilities from Executable Code Through Hybrid Static-Dynamic Program Analysis and Attach Pattern Modelling
- Malware Detection and Clustering Using Both Dynamic ande Static Analysis
- Chandramohan, Mahinthan, Tan, Hee Beng Kuan, Briand Lionel C, Shar, Lwin Khin, and Padmanabhuni, Bindu Madhavi. (2013). A Scalable Approach for Malware Detection through Bounded Feature Space Behavior Modeling. IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE).
- Shar, Lwin Khin, Tan, Hee Beng Kuan, and Briand, Lionel C. (2013). Proceeding 35th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE): Mining SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities using Hybrid Program Analysis. (pp. 642-651)USA: ACM.
- Shar, Lwin Khin, and Tan, Hee Beng Kuan. (2012). Defending against cross site scripting attacks. IEEE Computer, 45(3), 55-62.
- Tan Hee Beng Kuan, Zhao Yuan and Zhang Hongyu. (2009). Conceptual Data Model Based Software Size Estimation for Information System. ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology, 19(2), 4:1 – 4:37.
- Liu H and Tan Hee Beng Kuan. (2009). Covering code behavior on input validation in functional testing. Information and Software Technology, 51(2), 546-553.