|Assoc Prof (Adj) Li Haizhou|
Adjunct Associate Professor
Division of Visual & Interactive Computing
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
- PhD South China University of Technology 1990
- MS South China University of Technology 1987
- BS South China University of Technology 1984
|A/Prof Li Haizhou has been with the School of Computer Engineering since 2006. He is also a Principal Scientist at Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore. He received his Ph.D degree from the South China University of Technology (SCUT) in Guangzhou, China in 1990.
Dr Li has taught in The University of Hong Kong (1988-1989), South China University of Technology (1990-1994), CRIN/INRIA in France (1994-1995), and the University of Eastern Finland (2009). He was a Research Manager in Apple-ISS Research Centre (1996-1998), a Research Director in Lernout & Hauspie Asia Pacific (1999-2001), the Vice President of InfoTalk Corp. Ltd (2001-2003). He was a founding co-Director of Baidu-I2R Research Centre in Singapore (2012).
Dr Li has served as a Senior Editor of IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing (2013-2015), an Associate Editor of Computer Speech and Language (2012-2015), a Member of IEEE Speech and Language Processing Technical Committee (2013-2015). He is the Vice President of the International Speech Communication Association (2013-2014), the President-Elect of Asia Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association (2013-2014), an Executive Board Member of the Asian Federation of Natural Language Processing (2006-). He was appointed the General Chair of ACL 2012 and INTERSPEECH 2014.
Dr Li was the recipient of National Infocomm Awards 2002, IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement Award 2013, and President's Technology Award 2013 in Singapore. He was named a Nokia Visiting Professor in 2009 by Nokia Foundation in recognition of his contributions to speaker and language recognition technologies. Dr Li is an ACL Member and an IEEE Fellow.
|A/Prof Li’s current research interests include automatic speech recognition, speech analysis and synthesis, natural language processing, information retrieval, and social robotics.|
|Research Grant |
- Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech) (2008-)
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2010-)
- Defence Science and Technology Agency (2008-)
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2011-)
|Current Projects |
- Advanced Research in Automatic Speech Recognition
- Conversational Code-Switch Resource Development, Detection Classifier and Strategy
- Project MAGOR
- Project Magor (Project Agreement No. 9011101765)
- Speech Technology Development Programme (Advanced Research in Automatic Speech Recognition)
- Sub Project 1 - Advanced Research in Automatic Speech Recognition
- Haizhou Li, Kong Aik Lee, and Bin Ma. (2013). Spoken Language Recognition: From Fundamentals to Practice. Proceedings of the IEEE, 101(5), 1136-1159.
- Eliathamby Ambikairajah, Haizhou Li, Liang Wang, Bo Yin, and Vidhyasaharan Sethu. (2011). Language Identification: A Tutorial. IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine, 11(2), 82-108.
- Haizhou Li, Ma Bin. (2010). TechWare: Speaker and Spoken Language Recognition Resources. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 27(6), 139-142.
- Tomi Kinnunen, Haizhou Li. (2010). An Overview of Text-Independent Speaker Recognition: from Features to Supervectors, Speech Communication. Speech Communication, 52(1), 12-40.
- Donglai Zhu, Haizhou Li, Bin Ma, and Chin-Hui Lee. (2008). Optimizing the Performance of Spoken Language Recognition with Discriminative Training. IEEE Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing, 16(8), 1642-1653.