|Dr. Hua Zhang is currently an assistant professor in the School of Materials Science and Engineering since July 2006. He received his B.S. and M.S. degrees in Chemistry from Nanjing University in China in 1992 and 1995, respectively, and his Ph.D. in Nano-Chemistry from Peking University in China in July 1998. He joined Prof. Frans C. De Schryver’s group at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KULeuven) in Belgium as a Research Associate in January 1999. Then he moved to Prof. Chad A. Mirkin’s group at Northwestern University as a Postdoctoral Fellow in July 2001. He started to work at NanoInk Inc. (USA) as a Research Scientist/Chemist in August 2003. After that, he worked as a Senior Research Scientist at Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology in Singapore from November 2005 to July 2006. He has published 2 book chapters, 40+ papers and 20+ patent applications. His H-index is 15. He is an Associate Editor of International Journal of Nanoscience (2007-) and sits on the Editorial Board of NANO (2007-). He has been invited as a reviewer for a number of premier journals, including Nano Letters, Journal of the American Chemical Society, Chemistry of Materials, Journal of Physical Chemistry, Langmuir, Biomacromolecules, Nanotechnolgy, etc. He has been a Session Chair and in the Organizing Committee for some international conferences. He is a member of American Chemical Society (ACS), American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), Materials Research Society (MRS) and Materials Research Society of Singapore (MRS-S).|
- Biochemistry for next generation optiqua sensor technology
- Biodegradable Cardiovascular Implants
- Biodegradable Cardiovascular Implants: Surface Functionalization for Cell Growth
- Controlled directional growth of nanostructures on wafer-scale nanopatterns
- Development of Graphene-Interconnect Materials for Optoelectronic Applications
- Graphene-Based Materials: Synthesis, Functionalization and Applications
- Nanomaterials for Energy and Water Management
- Nanomaterials for Water Management II
- Preparation of 2D Semiconducting Nanomaterials for hydrogen generation
- R&D Programme in Singapore
- Synthesis of Novel Graphene-Templated Metallic Nanostructures for Sensing Applications
- Synthesis of novel metal nanomaterials
- Two-dimensional nanosheet-based detection of 1,3,5-triazine-2,4,6-triamine in food
- H. Li, J. Zhang, X. Zhou, G. Lu, Z. Yin, G. Li, T. Wu, F. Boey, S. S. Venkatraman, H. Zhang. (2009). Amino Silane Micropatterns on Hydroxyl-Terminated Substrates: Fabrication and Applications. Langmuir, 26(8), 5603-5609.
- Huo F., Zheng Z., Zheng G., Giam L.R., Zhang H., Mirkin C.A. (2008). Polymer Pen Lithography. Science, 321, 1658-1660.
- Zhang J., Wang L., Pan D., Song S., Boey F.Y.C., Zhang H., Fan C. H. (2008). Visual Cocaine Detection with Gold Nanoparticles and Rationally Engineered Aptamer Structures. Small, 4, 1196-1200.
- Liu H.M., Wang N., Zhao J.W., Guo Y., Yin X., Boey F.Y.C., Zhang H. (2008). Length-dependent Conductance of Molecular Wires and Contact Resistance in Metal-Molecule-Metal Junctions. ChemPhysChem, 9, 1416-1424.
- Zhang, H; Mullen, K; De Feyter, S. (2007). Pulsed-force-mode AFM studies of polyphenylene dendrimers on self-assembled monolayers. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 111, 8142-8144.