|Assoc Prof Wang Huaxiong|
Head, Division of Mathematical Sciences
Division of Mathematical Sciences
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
College of Science
- PhD(CompSci) University of Wollongong 2001
- PhD(Maths) University of Haifa 1997
- MS(Maths) Fujian Normal University 1989
- BS(Maths) Fujian Normal University 1984
|Wang Huaxiong received a PhD in Mathematics from University of Haifa, Israel in 1996 and a PhD in Computer Science from University of Wollongong, Australia in 2001. He Joined NTU in 7/2006 and is currently an associate professor in the Division of Mathematical Sciences. Prior to that, he was a senior lecturer (1/2004-7/2006) and a lecturer (1/2002-12/2003) in Department of Computing at Macquarie University, Australia; a senior research fellow (8/2005 - 2/2006) at City University, Hong Kong; a reserch fellow/Lecturer (1/2000 - 12/2001) in Department of Computer Science at University of Wollongong, Australia; and a research fellow (3/1999-12/1999) at National University of Singapore.
His reserach interests include cryptography, information security, coding theory, combinatorics and theoretical computer science. He has been supervising over 20 PhD students (9 completed). He is on the editorial boards of Designs, Codes and Cryptography (2006 -), Journal of Communications (JCM) (2006 - ) and Journal of Communications and Networks (2004 -) and was the Program Co-Chair of 9th Australasian Conference on Information Security and Privacy (ACISP'04) , Sydney, Australia, July, 2004 and 4th International Conference on Cryptology and Network Security (CANS05), Xiamen, China, December, 2005. He received the inaugural Award of Best Research Contribution awarded by the Computer Science Association of Australasia in 2004.
|Cryptography Information Security, Coding Theory, Combinatorics, Theoretical Computer Science|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2007-) [by MOE]
- MERLION (2011-)
- NRF Competitive Research Program (2008-)
|Current Projects |
- Cryptographic Techniques for Private Information Retrieval
- Cryptographic Techniques for Secure and Fault-tolerant Distributed Computations
- Lattice Based Cryptography (LaBaCry)
- Theory and Practice of Coding and Cryptography
- A. Buryukov, P. Gauravaram, J. Guo, D. Khovratovich, S. Ling, K. Matusiewicz, I. Nikolic, J. Pieprzyk, and H. Wang. (2009). In: O. Dunkelman (ed.), 16th International Workshop on Fast Software Encryption: Cryptanalysis of the LAKE Hash Family. (pp. 156-179)Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 5665: Springer.
- Yi Lu
San Ling. (2008). Cryptanalysis of Rabbit. nformation Security Conference.
- Yang G, Wong S D, Wang H and Deng X. (2008). Two-factor mutual authentication based on smart cards and passwords. Journal of Computer and System Sciences, .
- Wand H and Wong D S. (2008). On Secret Reconstruction in Secret Sharing Schemes. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 54(1), 473 - 480.
- Desmedt Y, Pieprzyk J, Steinfeld R and Wang H. (2007). On Secure Multi-Party Computation in Black Box Groups. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 4622, 591-612.