|Assoc Prof Wang Han |
Division of Control & Instrumentation
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4506
- PhD University of Leeds 1989
- BE Northeast Heavy Machinery Institute 1982
|Prof WANG Han is currently in the School of EEE since 1992. He received his Bachelor degree in Computer Science from Northeast Heavy Machinery Institute(China), and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Leeds(UK) respectively. His research interests include Computer Vision, and Robotics. He has done significant research work his research areas and published over 120 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been invited as an member of Editorial Advisory Board, The Open Electrical & Electronic Engineering Journal. Dr. Wang is a senior member of IEEE.
|Prof. Wang' research interests include:
(1) Computer Vision
(2) 2D/2D image tracking
(3) Object recognition
(4) Mobile robot navigation using vision
(5) Vision application for robots
|Research Grant |
- Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech) (2013-2016) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech)]
- Ministry of Defense (2010-) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech)]
|Current Projects |
- Design and Development of a Compact, Integrated Slam Module for Indoor Perception and Localization
- High Speed Obstacle Detection for USV-II
- Project Urban-NAV
- N. Liu and H. Wang. (2009). Modeling Images with Multiple Trace Transforms for Pattern Analysis. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 16(5), 394-397.
- H Wang and F Shen. (2007). A linear method for trinocular stereo image rectification. Journal of RRC, .
- N. Liu and H. Wang. (2007). Recognition of Human Faces Using Discrete Cosine Transform Filtered Trace Features. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing (ICICS), Singapore.
- C. Chen and H. Wang. (2007). Deformable submap configuration: large-scale mapping with appearance prior. International Journal of Robotics & Automation, 22(2).
- N. Liu and H. Wang. (2007). Face Recognition Using Multiple Trace Transforms with Evolutionary Optimization. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC), Montreal, Canada.