|Aerodynamics, Hydrodynamics, Active Flow Control, Marine Renewable Energy, Sound & Vibration, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI), and Multidisciplinary Design Optimization (MDO)|
> Active flow separation control using synthetic jet technology
> Modeling of wind-wave-current-structure interaction
> System analysis of wind/tidal turbines
> Novel wave energy harvesting device
> Analysis of structural vibration and structure–borne acoustics
- Active Flow Control of Small UAVs using Synthetic Jets
- Automatic Landing System for UAVs
- High-thrust synthetic jet actuator for underwater propulsion
- Investigation of Cargo Heating Systems Based on a Zero-Order Model and a Fast-Algorithm Optimization Strategy
- On the use of bio-inspired propellers to improve propulsive thrust and efficiency
- Study of Synthetic Jet Arrays for Flow Separation Control
- Two issues on a novel air lubrication system for ship drag reduction
- Two issues on a novel air lubrication system for the ship drag reduction
- Tang, H and Zhong, S. (2009). Lumped Element Modelling of Synthetic Jet Actuators. Aerospace Science and Technology, 13(6), 331-339.
- Zhou, J, Tang, H, and Zhong, S. (2009). Vortex Roll-up Criterion for Synthetic Jets. AIAA Journal, 47(5), 1252-1262.
- Tang, H and Zhong, S. (2007). A Static Compressible Flow Model of Synthetic Jet Actuators. Aeronautical Journal, 111, 421-431.
- Zhong, S, Jabbal, M, Tang, H, Garcillan, L, Guo, F, Wood, N, and Warsop, C. (2007). Towards the Design of Synthetic Jet Actuators for Full-Scale Flight Conditions – Part 1: The Fluid Mechanics of Synthetic Jet Actuators. Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, 78(3-4), 283-307.
- Tang, H, Zhong, S, Jabbal, M, Guo, F, Garcillan, L, Wood, N, and Warsop, C. (2007). Towards the Design of Synthetic Jet Actuators for Full-Scale Flight Conditions – Part 2: Low-Dimensional Performance Prediction Models and Actuator Design Method. Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, 78(3-4), 309-329.