|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Chou Meng-Hsuan
Nanyang Assistant Professor (NTU)
- PhD University of Cambridge 2009
- MPhil University of Oxford 2004
- MEPA University of Leiden 2002
- BA University of California 2000
|Hsuan joined NTU Singapore in August 2013 as a Nanyang Assistant Professor in the Public Policy and Global Affairs (PPGA) programme. She is also an Associate Fellow at EU Centre Singapore and a Convenor of the ECPR Standing Group on the Politics of Higher Education, Research, and Innovation (ecprknowledgepolitics.com). Hsuan was previously a postdoctoral researcher at ARENA - Centre for European Studies, Oslo and the Academic Coordinator for the UACES collaborative research network on the European Research Area. She has been a visiting scholar at the University of Sydney, Université de Lille 2, Stanford University, and the Université Libre de Bruxelles. Her research interests lie at the intersection of public policy, regionalism, and international relations. Hsuan is currently researching how governments in Asia, Europe, and North America compete for talent in a globalised world, how scholarly networks are organised across time, and the emergence and evolution of higher education regionalisms. For more about her research, publication and teaching, see: www.menghsuanchou.com.|
|Regionalism and regional integration (European Union, ASEAN)|
Institutional and organisational theory
Migration and asylum policy
Research and higher education policy (knowledge policies)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2014-2018)
- ERASMUS+ / Jean Monnet project grant (2016-) [by The European Union's Erasmus Mundus programme]
- MERLION (2014-2016)
- NRF SRIE Programme (2015-)
- Start Up Grant (2013-2018)
- Competing for talent in a globalised world (COMPETE)
- Doing higher education regionalism: the role of university research administrators in achieving global excellence
- Nexus of European Centers Abroad for Research on EHEA (Acronym: NEAR-EU)
- Regionalism and the Global Higher Education Market (Re-Global): Asia and Europe in Comparison
- Singapore in the global talent race
- Meng-Hsuan Chou, Jens Jungblut, Pauline Ravinet, and Martina Vukasovic. (2017). Higher Education Governance and Policy: an Introduction to Multi-issue, Multi-level and Multi-actor Dynamics. Policy and Society, 36(1), 1-15.
- Meng-Hsuan Chou and Pauline Ravinet. (2017). Higher Education Regionalism in Europe and Southeast Asia: Comparing Policy Ideas. Policy and Society, 36(1), 143-159.
- Meng-Hsuan Chou, Els Van Dongen, and Harlan Koff.(2016). Is Securitising Migration a Mandatory Choice? Lessons from the EU and China. In Emil Kirchner, Thomas Christiansen and Han Dorussen(Ed), EU-China Security Relations: from convergence to cooperation?(209-228). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Meng-Hsuan Chou. (2016). Mapping the terrains of the Europe of Knowledge: an analytical framework of ideas, institutions, instruments, and interests. European Journal of Higher Education, 6(3), 197-216.
- Meng-Hsuan Chou and Pauline Ravinet.(2015). The Rise of 'Higher Education Regionalism': An Agenda for Higher Education Research. Handbook of Higher Education Policy and Governance(361-378). Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan.
« Back to Research Directory