|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Chou Meng-Hsuan
Nanyang Assistant Professor (NTU)
- PhD University of Cambridge 2009
- MPhil University of Oxford 2004
- MEPA University of Leiden 2002
- BA University of California, Berkeley 2000
|Hsuan joined NTU Singapore in August 2013 as a Nanyang Assistant Professor in the Public Policy and Global Affairs (PPGA) programme. She is also an Associate Fellow at EU Centre Singapore and a Convenor of the ECPR Standing Group on the Politics of Higher Education, Research, and Innovation (ecprknowledgepolitics.com). Hsuan was previously a postdoctoral researcher at ARENA - Centre for European Studies, Oslo and the Academic Coordinator for the UACES collaborative research network on the European Research Area. She has been a visiting scholar at the University of Sydney, Université de Lille 2, Stanford University, and the Université Libre de Bruxelles. Her research interests lie at the intersection of public policy, regionalism, and international relations. Hsuan is currently researching how governments in Asia, Europe, and North America compete for talent in a globalised world, how scholarly networks are organised across time, and the emergence and evolution of higher education regionalisms. For more about her research, publication and teaching, see: www.menghsuanchou.com.|
|Regionalism and regional integration (European Union, ASEAN)|
Institutional and organisational theory
Migration and asylum policy
Research and higher education policy (knowledge policies)
- Competing for talent in a globalised world (COMPETE)
- Nexus of European Centers Abroad for Research on EHEA (Acronym: NEAR-EU)
- Regionalism and the Global Higher Education Market (Re-Global): Asia and Europe in Comparison
- Singapore in the global talent race
- The Politics of Knowledge in an Age of Rupture
- B. Guy Peters, Giliberto Capano, Michael Howlett, Ishani Mukherjee, Meng-Hsuan Chou, and Pauline Ravinet. (2018). Designing for Policy Effectiveness: Defining and Understanding a Concept. Cambridge University Press.
- Yasmin Y. Ortiga, Meng-Hsuan Chou, Gunjan Sondhi, and Jue Wang. (2018). Working within the aspiring centre: Professional status and mobilities among migrant faculty in Singapore. Higher Education Policy, OnlineFirst, 1-18.
- Tamson Pietsch and Meng-Hsuan Chou.(2018). The Politics of Scholarly Exchange: Taking the Long View on the Rhodes Scholarships. Global Exchanges: Exchange Programs, Scholarships and Transnational Circulations in the Modern World(33-49). Oxford: Berghahn.
- Meng-Hsuan Chou and Pauline Ravinet. (2017). Higher Education Regionalism in Europe and Southeast Asia: Comparing Policy Ideas. Policy and Society, 36(1), 143-159.
- Meng-Hsuan Chou. (2016). Mapping the terrains of the Europe of Knowledge: an analytical framework of ideas, institutions, instruments, and interests. European Journal of Higher Education, 6(3), 197-216.
« Back to Research Directory