|Asst Prof Son Hungsun|
Division of Aerospace Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5508
- PhD The Georgia Institute of Technology 2007
- MSc Stanford University 2003
- BSc Inha University 2000
|Dr. Hungsun Son is received his B.S degree in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering from Inha University. After finishing his undergraduate, he came to the United States of America in 2000. He joined Stanford University to pursue graduate study and he received his M.S. degree in Aero& Astronautical Engineering in 2002. Then, he transferred to Georgia Institue of Technology (Georgia Tech) and studied in Aerospace Engineering for a year. From 2003, he conducted his Ph.D studies in the George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering and received his Ph.D degree in 2007. After his studies, he joined Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials (KIMM) and he is currently in the Aerospace Division, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering since 2008.
His research interests in the area of mechatronics include design and control of electromechanical systems, dynamic and vibration analysis and sensing methodology. He received Korea National Scholarship from 2000 to 2002 and he is also a recipient of Who’s Who Award for best student in America University and Collage in 2005. he is a member of IEEE.
|- Magnetic field modeling
- Mechatronics (design and control of electromechanical systems)
- Robotics and Automation
- Sensing methodology
- Unmanned Vehicle System (UVS)
- System dynamics and Vibration analysis
- Nonlinear system and Control
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2010-2013) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2011-) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2011-) [by Nanyang Technological University, MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials (KIMM) (2010-2013) [by Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials (KIMM)]
|Current Projects |
- Capabilities Build-Up For Mini-UAV Technologies
- Development of key technology of manufacturing system for smart vibration-control
- Intelligent multi-degree of freedom actuator systems with embedded sensors and control based on multi-physics
- Magnetic field of distributed multi-pole model for permanent magnet-based actuators
- Short Takeoff / Landing UAV Flight Dynamics and Control
- Hungsun Son and kok-meng Lee. (2010). Open-loop Controller Design and Dynamic Characteristics of a Spherical Wheel Motor. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 57, 3475-3482.
- Liang Yan, I-Ming Chen, Hungsun Son, Chee Kian Lim, Guilin Yang, and Wei Lin. (2010). Analysis of Pole Configurations of Permanent-Magnet Spherical Actuators. IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatronics, PP(99), 1-4.
- Hungsun Son, Haejin Choi and Hyung Wook Park. (2010). Design and dynamic analysis of an arch-type desktop reconfigurable machine. International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 50(6), 575-584.