|Dr. Su is an expert in computational materials science. His current research programs focus on the
development and application of theoretical and computational materials science; Quantum-mechanical, classical simulations and modeling of the electronic, structural, energetic and dynamical properties of functional materials; Emergent collective properties of condensed matter systems, in particular, at nanometer scales.
- Atomic Surface Study on Supercapacitor Electrodes using Atomic Layer Deposition and Simulations
- Design and manufacturability of thermoplastic flexible risers
- Development of Highly Efficient Electrocatalyst for Direct Formic Acid Fuel Cell
- Development of coiled flexible sub-sea thermoplastic composite risers
- High power cladding-pumped cascaded Raman fibre sources for mid-IR wavelengths
- In-Situ Reliability Assessment of Remanufactured Parts Operating at Elevated Temperature
- Interface Science and Technology
- Investigation of Long-term Stability of LiMPO4
- Large Scale Design-based Functional Nanomaterials and Heterostructures: Aim for Sustainability
- Multiscale Design and Fabrication of Electrocactive Polymer Biomedical Devices with Low Energy Consumption
- Multiscale design and fabrication of electroactive polymer biomedical devices with low energy consumption
- Nanonets: New Materials, Devices for Integrated Energy Harnessing & Storage
- Nanowire-Based Image Sensors
- Physics and Atomistic Modeling of Dielectric/ Semiconductor Interface Instability
- Rational Design of Carbon Nanotube Interconnects
- Rational Design of Carbon-Nanotube Interconnects
- Relooking at interfaces between Carbonaceous Nanostructures: Reducing Thermal Boundary Resistance
- SinBeRISE Subproject 1 - Singapore-Berkeley Research Initiative for Sustainable Energy
- Smart Materials for Ballistic Protection (under Advanced Functional Materials Programme)
- Synthesis, modeling and structural correalation of enabling printed electronics materials
- Towards Computational Design Package of Electroactive Functional Polymers
- Towards rational protein design-enabled by bio-network analysis
- Sathyapalan A, Zhou AH, Kar T, Zhou F, Su HB. (2009). A novel approach for the design of a highly selective sulfate-ion-selective electrode. Chemical Communications, (3), 325-327.
- P. Li, H.B. Su, S.Q. Shen. (2007). Kagome Antiferromagnet: A Schwinger-boson mean-field theory study. Physical Review B, 76, 174406.
- H.B. Su, D.O. Welch, W. Wong-Ng, L.P. Cook, and Z. Yang. (2007). Manifestation of anisotropy in melting systematics of RBa2Cu3O7-delta (R=lanthanides). Applied Physics Letters, 91, Art. No. 172510.
- H.B. Su, R.J. Nielsen, A.C.T. van Duin, and W.A. Goddard III. (2007). Simulations on the effects of confinement and Ni-catalysis on the formation of tubular fullerene structures from peapod precursors. Physical Review B, 75, Art No. 134107.
- H.B. Su, W.A. Goddard III, et al. (2006). Dynamic friction force in a carbon peapod oscillator. Nanotechnology, 17, 5691-5695.