|Asst Prof Yu Hao|
Division of Circuits & Systems
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4509
- PhD (Elect Eng) University of California 2007
- MS (Elect Eng) University of California 2005
- BS (Phys) (Hons) Fudan University 1999
|Dr. Yu obtained his B.S. degree from Fudan University (Shanghai China) in 1999, with 4-year first-prize Guanghua scholarship (top-2) and 1-year Samsung scholarship for the outstanding student in science and engineering (top-1). After selected by mini-cuspea program, he spent some time in New York University, and obtained M.S/Ph. D degrees both from electrical engineering department at UCLA in 2007, with major of integrated circuit and embedded computing. He was a senior research staff at Berkeley Design Automation (BDA) since 2006, one of top-100 start-ups selected by Red-herrings at Silicon Valley. Since October 2009, he is an assistant professor at school of electrical and electronic engineering, and also as area director of VIRTUS IC Design Centre of Excellence, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.|
Dr. Yu has ~100 peer-reviewed and referred publications [conference (68) and journal (33)], 2 books, 4 book chapters, 1 best paper award in ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems (TODAES), 3 best paper award nominations (DAC’06, ICCAD’06, ASP-DAC’12), 2 student paper competition finalists (SiRF’13, RFIC’13), 1 inventor award from semiconductor research cooperation (SRC), and 5 patent applications in pending. He is the associate editor of Journal of low power electronics, reviewer of IEEE TCAD, TCAS-I/II, TVLSI, ACM-TODAEs, VLSI Integration, technical program committee member and session chair of several conferences (ICCAD’10-12, ISLPED’13, A-SSCC’13, ICCD’11-13, ASP-DAC’11-14, ISCAS’10-13, IWS’13, NANOARCH’12-13, ISQED’09). The industry work at BDA is also recognized with an EDN magazine innovation award and multi-million venture capital funding. He is a senior member of IEEE.
Group website: http://www.ntucmosetgp.net/ .
|1. Heterogeneous 3D-IC Design Platform |
1)3D Big-data Computing System:
TSV/TSI model and wide-I/O design;
multi-core and non-volatile memory design;
cyber-physical thermal/power management;
2)3D Lab-on-chip System:
multi-mode bio-sensor data fusion;
2. Extreme-scale RF-IC Design Platform
1)RF Frontend Circuit Design:
meta-material based CMOS THz transceiver design;
2)RF Electronic Design Automation:
multi-core/GPU parallel algorithms;
non-Monte-Carlo statistical algorithms;
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Public Sector Funding (2012-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2011-2014) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Chongqing Optoelectronic Technology Incorporation (2013-2014) [by Chongqing Optoelectronic Technology Incorporation]
- Defence Innovative Research Programme (2010-2014) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech)]
- Hisilicon Technologies Co Ltd (2012-2013) [by Hisilicon Technologies Co Ltd]
- NRF Competitive Research Program (2013-2017) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NRF Proof of Concept (2012-2013) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NTU Internal Funding - EEE (2013-2014) [by School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering]
|Current Projects |
- 60GHz Metamaterial-Based Power Amplifier Design
- A 3D Design Platform of Multi-Processor System-on-Chip For New Media Application
- Advanced SOC Image Sensor Chip Design
- Big-data Computing System: A 3-D IC Perspective
- Design Exploration for High Data-rate Wireless Communication Systems at 60GHz for New Media Applications
- Development of a Chloroplast-based Photovoltaic Cell with Carbon Nanotube Electrode
- Home Automation System
- Integrated Microsystem with Energy Scavenging, Sensor and Radio Integration using TSV Technology
- Ion Camera: A Real-Time High-sensitivity and High-resolution ISFET-based Ion Detection System for Food and Drug Safety
- Magnetic Domain Wall Logic Gate Device
- Power-efficient Multicore Scalable System for Cloud Computing Using Emerging Technologies
- Vertical Integration of MEMS and ASIC
- Yuhao Wang, Hao Yu, and Wei Zhang. (2014). 3D Integrated Hybrid Memory for Data Retention by Non-volatile CBRAM-Crossbar. IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, .
- Sai Manoj P.D., Hao Yu, Yang Shang, Chuan Seng Tan, and Sung Kyu Lim. (2014). Reliable 3D Clock-tree Synthesis Considering Nonlinear Capacitive TSV Model with Electrical-thermal-mechanical Coupling. IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, .
- Deyun Cai, Yang Shang, Hao Yu, and Junyan Ren. (2013). Design of Ultra-low Power 60 GHz Direct-conversion Receivers in 65nm CMOS. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 61(9), 360-3372.
- Yang Shang, Hao Yu, and Wei Fei. (2013). Design and Analysis of CMOS based Terahertz Integrated Circuits by Causal Fractional-order RLGC Transmission Line Model. IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems , 3(3), 355-366.
- Shunli Ma, Wei Fei, Hao Yu, and Junyan Ren. (2013). Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC): A 75.7GHz to 102GHz Rotary-traveling-wave VCO by Tunable Composite Right /Left Hand T-line. Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC)San Jose, USA: IEEE.