|Asst Prof Wu Guiying Laura|
Division of Economics
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD University of Oxford 2010
- MPhil (Econ) (Dist) University of Oxford 2006
- MA (Studies) Fudan University 2004
- BA (Econ) Fudan University 2002
|2009/08 Assistant Professor, Division of Economics, Nanyang Technological University
2009/07 DPhil in Economics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford
(with Edgeworth Prize for Outstanding DPhil thesis)
2006/06 MPhil in Economics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford
2004/06 MA Studies, Department of Economics, Fudan University, Shanghai
2002/06 BA in Economics, Department of Economics, Fudan University, Shanghai
|My current research centres on structural estimation of the effects of investment frictions and capital market distortions on firms' investment and financing behaviours, and their implications on capital accumulation, aggregate productivity and economic development.|
|Research Grant |
- Start Up Grant (2010-2012)
|Current Projects |
- Uncertainty, Investment and Asset Returns: A structural Econometric Approach
- Zheng Song and Guiying Wu. (2011, June ). A Structural Estimation on Distortions in UK and Chinese Manufacturing Firms. Paper presented at North American Summer Meeting, Washington University in St. Louis, United States.
- Stephen Bond, Måns Söderbom, Guiying Wu. (2011). Pursuing the wrong options? Adjustment costs and the relationship between uncertainty and capital accumulation. Economics Letters, 111(3), 249-251.
- Stephen Bond, Mans Soderbom and Guiying Wu. (2011, April ). The Effects of Financing Constraints on Firm Investment: A Structural Econometric Analysis. Paper presented at Royal Economic Society Annual Conference, Royal Holloway, University of London, United Kingdom.
- Stephen Bond, Mans Soderbom and Guiying Wu. (2010, August ). A Structural Estimation for the Effects of Uncertainty on Capital Accumulation with Heterogeneous Firms. Paper presented at World Congress of the Econometric Society, Shanghai, China.
- Qu Feng and Guiying Wu. (2006). Optimization in Economic Theory (translation for Avinash K. Dixit's textbook). Shanghai People's Publishing House.