|Asst Prof Hu Guoqiang|
Division of Control & Instrumentation
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4362
- PhD (MechEng) University of Florida 2007
- MPhil (Automation & Comp-Aided Eng) Chinese University Hong Kong 2004
- BEng (Automation) University of Science & Tech of China 2002
|Guoqiang Hu received his B.Eng, M.Phil, and Ph.D degrees from University of Science and Technology of China, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, and University of Florida in 2002, 2004, and 2007, respectively. Prior to his current position, he was a postdoc research associate at University of Florida in 2008 and an assistant professor at Kansas State University from 2008 to 2011. His research interest is in the analysis, control, and design of distributed intelligent systems. He is a member of IEEE. He serves as associate editor for Unmanned Systems, Asian Journal of Control, and the CEBs of IEEE Control Systems Society and IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation.|
|Analysis, control, and design of distributed intelligent systems:|
- Cooperative control, multi-agent theory, distributed optimization
- Distributed perception, state estimation, and localization
- Modelling and control of complex networked systems
- Vision-based control, localization, and estimation
with applications to: smart buildings, power grids, robot networks
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2013-2016) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-2015) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech) (2013-2016) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech)]
- NRF CREATE (2012-2017) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NRF Competitive Research Program (2012-2017) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- SIMTech-NTU (2012-2014) [by A*STAR Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech)]
- Start Up Grant (2011-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Distributed Estimation and Control of Vision-based Multi-agent Systems
- Distributed Sensing and Perception
- Efficient Workplace 3D Model Reconstruction Using Sensor Fusion and Machine Learning for Intuitive Robot Path Teaching
- Identifier-Based Consensus for Multi-Agent Systems with Applications to Cooperative Control of Autonomous Robot Networks
- Networked Sensing and Actuation System for Energy Efficiency and Human Comfort
- Project Urban-NAV
- Singapore-Berkeley Building Efficiency and Sustainability in the Tropics
- K. Ma, G. Hu, C. Spanos. (2013). Transmission Power Allocation for Cooperative Relay-Based Neighborhood Area Networks for Smart Grid. IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering.
- M. Ye and G. Hu. (2013). Distributed Seeking of Time-Varying Nash Equilibrium for Non-Cooperative Games. IEEE International Conference on Control & Automation.
- K. Ma, G. Hu, C.J. Spanos. (2013). Energy Consumption Scheduling in Smart Grid: A Non-Cooperative Game Approach. Asian Control Conference.
- G. Hu, W. Tay, and Y. Wen. (2012). Cloud Robotics: Architecture, Challenges and Applications. IEEE Network, 28(3), 21-28.
- G. Hu. (2012). Robust Consensus Tracking of a Class of Second-Order Multi-Agent Dynamic Systems. Systems & Control Letters, 61(1), 134-142.