|Asst Prof Hu Guoqiang|
Division of Control & Instrumentation
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4362
- PhD (MechEng) University of Florida 2007
- MPhil (Automation & Comp-Aided Eng) Chinese University Hong Kong 2004
- BEng (Automation) University of Science & Tech of China 2002
|Guoqiang Hu received his B.Eng, M.Phil, and Ph.D degrees from University of Science and Technology of China, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, and University of Florida in 2002, 2004, and 2007, respectively. Prior to his current position, he was a postdoc research associate at University of Florida in 2008 and an assistant professor at Kansas State University from 2008 to 2011. His research interest is in the analysis, control, and design of distributed intelligent systems. He is a member of IEEE and ASME. He serves as associate editor for Unmanned Systems, guest editor for Asian Journal of Control, and associate editor on the CEBs of IEEE Control Systems Society and IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation.|
|Analysis, control, and design of distributed intelligent systems:|
- Cooperative control, multi-agent theory, distributed optimization
- Modelling and control of complex networked systems
- Visual servo control, vision-based localization and estimation, robot control, autonomous systems, multi-robot systems
- Nonlinear and adaptive control of uncertain dynamic systems
Looking for highly motivated postdoc research fellows and Phd students to conduct impactful research on the following topics:
1) Distributed control, coordination, and optimization for multi-agent systems
2) Distributed data collection, data mining, and data-driven modeling with applications to energy-efficient smart buildings
3) Vision-based localization of unmanned ground vehicle in GPS challenged environment
Interested candidate please send your CV to Dr. Guoqiang Hu via email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-2015) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- NRF CREATE (2012-2017) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NRF Competitive Research Program (2012-2017) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NTU Internal Funding - College of Engineering (2012-2013) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- SIMTech-NTU (2012-2014) [by A*STAR Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech)]
- Start Up Grant (2011-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Distributed Estimation and Control of Vision-based Multi-agent Systems
- Distributed Sensing and Cyberinfrastructure for Environmental Monitoring and Modelling
- Efficient Workplace 3D Model Reconstruction Using Sensor Fusion and Machine Learning for Intuitive Robot Path Teaching
- Identifier-Based Consensus for Multi-Agent Systems with Applications to Cooperative Control of Autonomous Robot Networks
- Networked Sensing and Actuation System for Energy Efficiency and Human Comfort
- Real-Time Big Data Analytics Based New Paradigm in Internet of Things
- Singapore-Berkeley Building Efficiency and Sustainability in the Tropics
- G. Hu, W. Tay, and Y. Wen. (2012). Cloud Robotics: Architecture, Challenges and Applications. IEEE Network, 28(3), 21-28.
- N. Gans, G. Hu, J. Shen, Y. Zhang, and W. Dixon. (2012). Adaptive Visual Servo Control to Simultaneously Stabilize Image and Pose Error. Mechatronics, 22(4), 410-422.
- G. Hu, W. Dixon, and H. Ding. (2012). Robust Tracking Control of an Array of Nanoparticles Moving on a Substrate. Automatica, 48(2), 442-448.
- G. Hu. (2012). Robust Consensus Tracking of a Class of Second-Order Multi-Agent Dynamic Systems. Systems & Control Letters, 61(1), 134-142.
- N. Gans, G. Hu, K. Nagarajan, and W. Dixon. (2011). Keeping Multiple Moving Targets in the Field of View of a Mobile Camera. IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 27(4), 822-828.