|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Hu Guoqiang
Director, Centre for System Intelligence and Efficiency (EXQUISITUS)
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4362
- PhD (MechEng) University of Florida 2007
- MPhil (Automation & Comp-Aided Eng) Chinese University of Hong Kong 2004
- BEng (Automation) University of Science & Tech of China 2002
|Guoqiang Hu received B.Eng. in Automation from University of Science and Technology of China in 2002, M.Phil. in Automation and Computer-Aided Engineering from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2004, and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Florida in 2007. He joined the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 2011. He is currently an Associate Professor with tenure and the Director of the Centre for System Intelligence and Efficiency (EXQUISITUS). He was an Assistant Professor at Kansas State University from 2008 to 2011. He was a recipient of the Best Paper in Automation Award in the 14th IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation, and a recipient of the Best Paper Award (Guan Zhao-Zhi Award) in the 36th Chinese Control Conference. He serves as Subject Editor for International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, and Technical Editor for IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics. He serves or will serve as General Chair for ICARCV 2018, General Co-Chair for IEEE ICCA 2018, and Program Co-Chair for IEEE IECON 2020, and was Program Chair for IEEE ICCA 2016. |
More details can be found via the web: http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/gqhu/
|Analysis, control, design and optimization of distributed intelligent systems |
(A) Theoretical research: Distributed control and estimation, distributed optimization and games, distributed decision making
. Intelligent robotics: multi-robot coordination, cloud robotics, swarm intelligence, visual servo control and autonomous systems
. Smart building and energy systems: energy management and optimization, fault diagnostics, building automation and control
- Adaptive Occupancy Based Localized Cooling Control of ACMV Systems
- Comfort-Driven Distributed ACMV Control Retrofit: Driving Energy Efficiency With Novel Sensing and Control Applications
- GPSless Localization for Unmanned Aerial Verhicles With Self-Organized Distributed Coverage of 3D Structures
- Hub-wide Grid Planning and Management System for Industrial Hubs
- Networked Sensing and Actuation System for Energy Efficiency and Human Comfort
- Singapore-Berkeley Building Efficiency and Sustainability in the Tropics
- Underwater Robotic Sensing Network for A Secure and Smart Port
- M. Ye, G. Hu. (2016). Distributed Extremum Seeking for Constrained Networked Optimization and Its Application to Energy Consumption Control in Smart Grid. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 24(6), 2048-2058.
- X. Dong, G. Hu. (2016). Time-varying Formation Control for General Linear Multi-agent Systems with Switching Directed Topologies. Automatica, 73, 47-55.
- Z. Feng, G. Hu, G. Wen. (2016). Distributed Consensus Tracking for Multi-Agent Systems under Two Types of Attacks. International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, 26(5), 896-918.
- B. Chen, G. Hu, W. Zhang, L. Yu. (2016). Distributed Mixed H2/H_infinity Fusion Estimation with Limited Communication Capacity. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 61(3), 805-810.
- M. Ye, G. Hu. (2016). A Robust Extremum Seeking Scheme for Dynamic Systems with Uncertainties and Disturbances. Automatica, 66, 172-178.