|Asst Prof Ngoi Guat Peng |
Division of Chinese
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD National University of Singapore 2007
- MA National Taiwan University 2000
- BA (Hons) (Chinese Studies) University of Malaya 1996
|Ngoi Guat Peng is currently an assistant professor at the Division of Chinese in the School of Humanities of Social Sciences. She received her Ph.D. degree at the School of Arts and Social Sciences at National University of Singapore. Her Current research work is focus on "Three teaching in One Discourse in Ming Period "and "Knowledge Tradition and Production in Malaysia Chinese Society".|
|Ming Intellectual History ;Daoxue Neo-Confucianism;Syncretism in late Ming;Chinese Knowledge Production and Local History in Malaysia.|
|Research Grant |
|Current Projects |
- Contesting of Political Power and Moral Authority: Rethinking on the 'Three Teachings In One' Discourse in Ming Dynasty
- Ngoi Guat Peng. (2009). China and Local: Knowledge Identity of Nanyang Research Tradition in Singapore-MalaysiaSoutheast Asia and China: Connecting, Distancing and Positioning. Singapore.
- Ngoi Guat Peng. (2008). 〈學術去殖民的開始？評《絕代英華──馬來（亞）英殖民時期華裔文人與學人研究》. Journal of New Era College, 5, 169-172.
- Ngoi Guat Peng. (2008). Transition of Late Ming 'Three Teachings in One' Discourse in Historical Context",. History of Chinese Philosophy, .
- Ngoi Guat Peng. (2007). Knowledge production in ethnic political context Taiwan: A Radical Quarterly in Social Studies ..
- Ngoi Guat Peng. (2007). Review on Qianmu Book: Zhong Guo Wen Hua and Nanyang Qin Huai. Asian Culture, .