|Asst Prof Chua Geoffrey Bryan Ang|
Division of Information Technology and Operations Management
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 6140
- PhD National University of Singapore 2009
- MS (Appl Mathematics) University of the Philippines 2005
- BS (Mgmt Engrg) Ateneo de Manila University 1998
|Dr Geoffrey Chua joined NTU in July 2009 as an Assistant Professor of Operations Management at the Nanyang Business School. He teaches operations management, service operations, and management science at the undergraduate and MBA levels. He received his PhD in Decision Sciences from the National University of Singapore. Previously, he worked as a Lecturer and Program Director at the Ateneo de Manila University for 4 years and before that was in Operations Consulting for 2 years. Dr Chua's research has appeared in leading academic journals such as Operations Research and European Journal of Operational Research. He also regularly presents his work at conferences such as INFORMS, POMS, MSOM and APORS. He received the Research Excellence Award (2011) from Nanyang Business School, the Best Theoretical Paper Award (2006) from APORS, and the President Graduate Fellowship (2006, 2007) from NUS. He is a regular reviewer for top journals such as Operations Research, Management Science, Production and Operations Management, IIE Transactions, Naval Research Logistics, and others. Since 2011, he has been the research seminar coordinator for the OM group at Nanyang Business School.|
|His research interests are in (1) Analysis and Design of Flexible Capacity, (2) Inventory Management, (3) Sustainable Operations, (4) Supply Chain Network Design, and (5) Decision Making under Uncertainty.|
- M.C. Chou, G.A. Chua, H. Zheng. (2014). On the Performance of Sparse Process Structures in Partial Postponement Production Systems. Operations Research, , forthcoming.
- S. Chen, G.A. Chua, Z. Han. (2013, January). Process Flexibility Design using Demand Variance Information. Paper presented at The Fourth POMS-HK International Conference, Hong Kong, China.
- Z. Han, S. Chen, G.A. Chua. (2012, October). Hub and Chain: A Variance-based Method for Designing Process Flexibility. Paper presented at INFORMS Annual Meeting, Arizona, USA.
- A. Sainathan, G.A. Chua, R. Mokhlesi. (2012, October). Inventory Based Pricing for Perishable Products: To Discount or Not. Paper presented at INFORMS Annual Meeting, Arizona, USA.
- S. Viswanathan, G.A. Chua, Y. Feng. (2012, June). Near-Optimal Algorithms for the Stochastic Inventory Problem with Remanufacturing. Paper presented at MSOM Conference, New York, USA.