|Asst Prof Cong Gao |
Division of Software & Information Systems
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5045
- PhD (CompSc) National University of Singapore 2004
- MEng (Mgt Info Systems) Tianjin University 1999
- BEng (Mgt Info Systems) Tianjin University 1996
|Gao CONG is currently an Assistant Professor in the School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Before joining NTU, he was an Assistant professor in Aalborg University, Denmark (2008-2009). Before that, he worked as a researcher at the Microsoft Research Asia, China. From 2004 to 2006, He worked as a postdoc research fellow in the database group within the University of Edinburgh. He earned his Ph.D. in Computer Science from National University of Singapore in 2004.
His current research interests include database, data mining, text mining, and information retrieval. He is active in the Database and Data Mining research community. His work was published in premier database, data mining, information retrieval and natural language processing conferences, such as ACM SIGMOD, VLDB, ICDE, ACM KDD, WWW, ACM SIGIR, ACM CIKM, ACL, etc. He also served as a PC member for the aforementioned conferences.
|Database, Data Mining / Text Mining, Information Retrieval|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2012-)
- Start Up Grant (2010-)
|Current Projects |
- Automatic Question-Answering using the Web
- Build a Question Answer Knowledge Base for Health Care Workers and Patients
- Enhancing Location-Based Services Via Queries and Mobile Activity Recognition
- Identifying influential users from social media for direct marketing
- Zongyang Ma, Aixin Sun, Gao Cong. (2013). On Predicting Popularity of Newly Emerging Hashtags in Twitter. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (JASIST), .
- Qu, Bo; Cong, Gao; Li, Cuiping; Sun, Aixin; Chen, Hong. (2012). An Evaluation of Classification Models for Question Topic Categorization. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (JASIST), .
- Z. Hai, K. Chang, G. Cong. (2012). One seed to find them all: Mining Opinion Features via Association. CIKM (ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management) (pp. 724-733)Maui, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Zongyang Ma, Aixin Sun, Quan Yuan, and Gao Cong. (2012). Topic-Driven Reader Comments Summarization. ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management.
- Lingkun Wu, Xiaokui Xiao, Dingxiong Deng, Gao Cong, Andy Diwen Zhu, and Shuigeng Zhou. (2012). Shortest Path and Distance Queries on Road Networks: An Experimental Evaluation. the 38th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB).