|Fernando Paragas is an Assistant Professor at the Division of Public and Promotional Communication at the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information at the Nanyang Technological University. He completed his PhD degree in Mass Communication at Ohio University (OU) as a Fulbright fellow. His dissertation on migrant workers is the 2006 nominee of the OU School of Telecommunications in the Council of Graduate Studies’ Distinguished Dissertation Award competition. Dr. Paragas earned his MA in Urban and Regional Planning, for which he received a Dean's Medallion, and BA in Communication Research, where he received the 1996 Best Undergraduate Thesis Award, at the University of the Philippines Diliman. His papers have been presented in Asia, the United States, and Europe. He was also the recipient of the 1999 AdAsia Research Grant from the Asian Federation of Advertising Associations and Newsweek Magazine.|
- An exploratory study of e-Learning Week as a step towards a model for e-learning
- Exploring the link between media socialization and learning with technology
- Immersive Location-based Services: Impacts & Implications
- Search and Scholarship: An Exploratory Study on Singaporean students' understanding and use of search engines and their practices regarding the gatekeeping, organization, and production
- Web Design Preferences in Singapore: Exploring Issues of Content, Aesthetics and Usability
- Work and Cancer Survivors: A Multi-Faceted Stakeholder Approach in Singapore
- mHealth for Maternal and Infant Healthcare in Rural Papua New Guinea
- Paragas, F. (2010). A communication helix:The transnational interpersonal networks of Overseas Filipino Workers. Réseaux: Communication • Technologie • Société, 10(1), 57-89.
- Paragas, F., Dyeo, Y.C., Lee, T.M., Rahman, N.B.A. (2010). Mobile telephony uses and gratifications among elderly Singaporeans. Media Asia, 37(4), 215-223.
- Paragas, F. (2009). Public relations in the Philippines: Past promise and future prospects. Media Asia Quarterly, 36(2), 87-95.
- Paragas, F. & Umali, V. (2008). Communication and media texts and contexts. Plaridel: Journal of Philippine Communication, Media and Society, 5(1).
- De Fiesta-Mateo, F. & Paragas, F. (2007). New media, new lifestyles, and new responsibilities. Plaridel: Journal of Philippine Communication, Media and Society, 4(2).