|Asst Prof Fei Duan |
Division of Thermal and Fluids Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5510
- PhD (Mech & Ind Engrg) University of Toronto 2005
- MEng & Sci (Materials Sci & Engrg) Wuhan University of Technology 1995
- BEng & Sci (Chemical Engrg) Dalian Inst. of Light Industry 1992
|Dr. Duan, Fei joined in Division of Thermal and Fluids Engineering in School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Nanyang Technological University as an assistant professor on July 11, 2008. Before that, he is a postdoctoral fellow at Thermodynamics and Kinetics Lab of Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering in University of Toronto, Canada after he finished his Ph.D. degree there. He finished his B. Sc. & Eng. on Chemical Engineering and M. Sc. & Eng. on Materials Science and Engineering. The focus of Dr. Duan’s doctoral and postdoctoral studies was on thermodynamics, heat transfer, and fluid mechanics. During his doctoral study, he visited Institute of Fluid Mechanics at Friedrich-Alexander-University, Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany.|
|(1) Kinetics of phase changes
(2) Evaporation cooling and thermal management
(3) Energy/exergy analysis on thermocapillary evaporators
(4) Thermal analyses of energy systems
(5) Development of smart materials
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Public Sector Funding (2012-) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2010-2013) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech) (2013-) [by Ministry of Defense (MINDEF)]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2009-) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2009-2013) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2010-) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- Defence Science and Technology Agency (2008-2013) [by MINDEF - Defence Science & Technology Agency (DSTA)]
- Environment & Water Industry Development Council (2009-) [by Environment & Water Industry Development Council (EWI)]
- Start Up Grant (2008-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- A micro-x-ray computed tomography for waterborne microbial detection
- Evaporation of a Hanging Organic Liquid Droplet
- Evaporation-induced self-assembly of nanoparticles in drying nanofluids
- Evaporative spray cooling system for thermal management of high power, temperature sensitive electronics and electro-opticla devices
- Mini-jet engine project
- Study on Design of Combustor for Aero-Engine Application
- Sub-KORALL - Small Area Evaporative Spray Cooling System and Spray-Cooled Chassis
- Thermal Design for Liquid-Cooled Airborne Electronic System
- Thermodynamics; Nano Materials Characterization
- Alexandru Crivoi, Fei Duan. (2013). Controlling the Drying Patterns of Graphite Nanofluid Droplets by Altering the Particle Agglomeration Rate. Journal of Physical Chemistry B, .
- A Crivoi, Fei Duan. (2013). Fingering structures inside the coffee-ring pattern. Colloids and Surfaces A-Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, .
- A Crivoi, Fei Duan. (2013). Amplifying and attenuating the coffee-ring effect in drying sessile nanofluid droplets. Physical Review E, 87(4), 042303.
- A Crivoi, Fei Duan. (2013). Evaporation-Induced Branched Structures from Sessile Nanofluid Droplets. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 117(15), 7835–7843.
- A Crivoi, Fei Duan. (2012). Proceedings of the ASME 2012 10th International Conference on Nanochannels, Microchannels and Minichannels: Fractal Patterns In The Nanofluidic Sessile Droplet Drying. ICNMM2012.