|Dr. Fan is currently an associate professor at School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, NTU. He received PhD from National University of Singapore in 2003, followed by postdoc at Max-Planck-Institute of Microstructure Physics, Germany and University of Cambridge. He joined in NTU as faculty since 2008. Dr. Fan’s expertise and research interests are mainly two: (1) energy conversion and storage applications of nanomaterials (including water splitting and batteries), (2) optics of semiconducting low-dimensional materials. He is particularly reputed for his work in application of atomic layer deposition (ALD) in energy research. Dr. Fan has published more than >180 journal papers, with citations of more than 14000 and H-index of 63. He is an editorial board member of Nanotechnology, advisory board member of Advanced Science, Advanced Materials Interface, and Advanced Materials Technologies. Dr. Fan has chaired or co-chaired international series conferences including MRS, ICMAT, and SICC.|
- Bo Ouyang, Yongqi Zhang, Zheng Zhang, Hong Jin Fan* and Rajdeep Singh Rawat*. (2017). Nitrogen plasma activated hierarchical nickel nitride nano-corals for energy applications. Small, 13(34), 1604265.
- Yongqi Zhang, Xinhui Xia, Xun Cao, Bowei Zhang, Nguyen Huy Tiep, Haiyong He, Shi Chen, Yizhong Huang, and Hong Jin Fan*. (2017). Ultrafine metal nanoparticles/N-doped porous carbon hybrids coated on carbon fibers as flexible and binder-free water splitting catalysts. Advanced Energy Materials, 7(15), 1700220, DOI: 10.1002/aenm.201700220.
- Xinhui Xia*, Zhiliang Ku, Ding Zhou, Yu Zhong, Yongqi Zhang, Yadong Wang, Min Joon Huang, Jiangping Tu*, and Hong Jin Fan*, Perovskite Solar Cells Powered Electrochromic Batteries for Smart Windows. (2016). Perovskite solar cell powered electrochromic batteries for smart windows. Materials Horizons, 3, 588-595.
- Yongqi Zhang, Bo Ouyang, Jing Xu, Shi Chen, Rajdeep Singh Rawat,* and Hong Jin Fan*. (2016). 3D Porous Hierarchical Nickel–Molybdenum Nitrides Synthesized by RF Plasma as Highly Active and Stable Hydrogen-Evolution-Reaction Electrocatalysts. Advanced Energy Materials, 6, 1600221.
- C. Zhu, P. Yang, D. Chao, X. Wang, X. Zhang, S. Chen, B.K. Tay, H. Huang, H. Zhang, W. Mai, H.J. Fan. (2015). All Metal Nitrides Solid-State Asymmetric Supercapacitors. Advanced Materials, 27(31), 4566-4571.