|Dr. Fan is currently an associate professor at School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, NTU. He received PhD from National University of Singapore in 2003, followed by postdoc at Max-Planck-Institute of Microstructure Physics, Germany and University of Cambridge. He joined in NTU as faculty since 2008. Dr. Fan’s expertise and research interests are mainly two: (1) energy conversion and storage applications of nanomaterials (including water splitting and batteries), (2) optics of semiconducting low-dimensional materials. He is particularly reputed for his work in application of atomic layer deposition (ALD) in energy research. Dr. Fan has published more than >170 journal papers, with citations of more than 13000 and H-index of 60. He is an editorial board member of Nanotechnology, advisory board member of Advanced Science, Advanced Materials Interface, and Advanced Materials Technologies, and Associate Editor of Materials Research Bulletin. Dr. Fan has chaired or co-chaired international series conferences including MRS, ICMAT, and SICC.|
- Bo Ouyang, Yongqi Zhang, Zheng Zhang, Hong Jin Fan* and Rajdeep Singh Rawat*. (2017). Nitrogen plasma activated hierarchical nickel nitride nano-corals for energy applications. Small, 13(34), 1604265.
- Yongqi Zhang, Xinhui Xia, Xun Cao, Bowei Zhang, Nguyen Huy Tiep, Haiyong He, Shi Chen, Yizhong Huang, and Hong Jin Fan*. (2017). Ultrafine metal nanoparticles/N-doped porous carbon hybrids coated on carbon fibers as flexible and binder-free water splitting catalysts. Advanced Energy Materials, 7(15), 1700220, DOI: 10.1002/aenm.201700220.
- Xinhui Xia*, Zhiliang Ku, Ding Zhou, Yu Zhong, Yongqi Zhang, Yadong Wang, Min Joon Huang, Jiangping Tu*, and Hong Jin Fan*, Perovskite Solar Cells Powered Electrochromic Batteries for Smart Windows. (2016). Perovskite solar cell powered electrochromic batteries for smart windows. Materials Horizons, 3, 588-595.
- Yongqi Zhang, Bo Ouyang, Jing Xu, Shi Chen, Rajdeep Singh Rawat,* and Hong Jin Fan*. (2016). 3D Porous Hierarchical Nickel–Molybdenum Nitrides Synthesized by RF Plasma as Highly Active and Stable Hydrogen-Evolution-Reaction Electrocatalysts. Advanced Energy Materials, 6, 1600221.
- C. Zhu, P. Yang, D. Chao, X. Wang, X. Zhang, S. Chen, B.K. Tay, H. Huang, H. Zhang, W. Mai, H.J. Fan. (2015). All Metal Nitrides Solid-State Asymmetric Supercapacitors. Advanced Materials, 27(31), 4566-4571.