|Assoc Prof Zhu Lei|
Division of Communication Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4338
- PhD The University of Electro-Communications 1993
- ME Southeast University 1988
- BE Nanjing Institute of Technology 1985
|Dr Zhu received the B. Eng. and M. Eng. degrees in radio engineering from the Nanjing Institute of Technology (now Southeast University), China, in 1985 and 1988, respectively, and the Ph.D. Eng. degree in electronic engineering from the University of Electro-Communications, Japan, in 1993. From 1993 to 1996, he was a Research Engineer with the Matsushita-Kotobuki Electronics Industries, Ltd., Tokyo, Japan. From 1996 to 2000, he was a Research Fellow with the Ecole Polytechnique, University of Montreal, Canada. Since July 2000, he has been an Associate Professor with the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He was the recipient of the Japanese Government (Monbusho) Graduate Fellowship (1989-1993), the First-Order Achievement Award in Science and Technology from the National Education Committee in China (1993), the Silver Award of Excellent Invention from the Matsushita-Kotobuki Electronics Industries, Ltd., Japan (1996), the Asia-Pacific Microwave Prize Award (1997). He was invited as a guest professor in the University of Electro-Communications in Japan (Nov/Dec 2002) and in the University of Ulm in Germany (May/June 2005). He was an associate editor of IEICE on Electronics and has been an associate editor of IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters (MWCL). So far, he has published 95 journal papers inclusive of 45 in IEEE Transactions on MTT and IEEE MWCL.|
|Areas of expertise: Applied electromagnetics and microwave engineering
Current research interests: Planar RF & microwave circuits, periodic structures, planar antennas, numerical EM modeling & de-embedding techniques.
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2012-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Engineered Metamaterials for Sub-Wavelength Microwave Integrated Circuits
- S. Luo, L. Zhu and S. Su. (2010). A dual-band ring-resonator bandpass filter based on two pairs of degenerate modes. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 58(12), 3427-3432.
- J.-W. Baik, L. Zhu and Y.S. Kim. (2010). Dual-mode dual-band bandpass filter using balun structure for single substrate configuration. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, 20(11), 613-165.
- S. Sun and L. Zhu. (2010). Miniaturised patch hybrid couplers using asymmetrically-loaded cross slots. IET Microwaves Antennas & Propagation, 4(9), 1427-1433.
- S. W. Wong and L. Zhu. (2009). UWB bandpass filters using short-circuited shunt stub embedded multiple-mode resonators. Microwave And Optical Technology Letters, 51(11), 2556-2559.
- S. W. Wong and L. Zhu. (2009). Ultra-wideband power dividers with good isolation and improved sharp roll-off skirt. IET Microwaves Antennas & Propagation, 3(8), 1157-1163.