|Assoc Prof Tan Yap Peng|
Associate Chair (Academic), School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Director, INFINITUS, Infocomm Centre of Excellence
Division of Information Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5872
- PhD Princeton University 1997
- MA Princeton University 1995
- BS National Taiwan University 1993
|Dr. Yap-Peng Tan received the B.S. degree from National Taiwan University, Taiwan, in 1993, and the M.A. and Ph.D. degrees from Princeton University, New Jersey, in 1995 and 1997, respectively, all in electrical engineering. He was the recipient of an IBM Graduate Fellowship from IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY, from 1995 to 1997, and was with Intel and Sharp Labs of America from 1997 to 1999. While with Intel, he was the Intel representative to the International Color Consortium (ICC). In November 1999, he joined the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, where he is currently Head of the Division of Information Engineering.
Dr. Tan served as the chair of the Bio-, Blind- and Multimedia Signal Processing Symposium of the 2004 International Conference on Communications, Circuits and Systems, finance chair of the 2004 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, and program co-chair of the 2005 International Conference on Information, Communications, and Signal Processing. He has published more than 100 research papers in refereed international journals or conference proceedings and invented or co-invented 13 US patents. Dr. Tan is a senior member of IEEE, a member of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society's technical committee on Visual Signal Processing and Communications, an editorial board member of EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing and EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing.
|Image and Video Processing; Multimedia Computing; Computer Vision; Pattern Recognition; Information Retrieval.|
|Research Grant |
- IDM R&D Programme (2012-2017) [by Media Development Authority (MDA)]
|Current Projects |
- Visual Object Retrieval and Recognition
- Lian Nai-Xiang, Chang Lanlan, Tan Yap-Peng and Vitali Zagorodnov. (2007). Adaptive Filtering for Color Filter Array Demosaicking. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 16(10), 2515-2525.
- N. Lian*, V.Zagorodnov, Y.-P. Tan*. (2007). Error Inhomogeneity in Wavelet Based Compression. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 55(7), 3659-3669.
- Viet-Anh Nguyen and Yap-Peng Tan. (2006). Efficient Block-Matching Motion Estimation Based on Integral Frame Attributes. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 16(3), 375-385.
- Viet-Anh Nguyen and Yap-Peng Tan. (2006). Efficient Video Transcoding from H.263 to H.264/AVC Standard with Enhanced Rate Control. EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, 2006(83563), 1-15.
- Hong Lu and Yap-Peng Tan. (2005). An Effective Post-Refinement Method for Shot Boundary Detection. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 15(11), 1407-1421.