|Assoc Prof Guan Yong Liang |
Fellow, Renaissance Engineering Programme
Head, Division of Communication Engineering
Division of Communication Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5875
- PGDipTHE Nanyang Technological University 1999
- DIC PhD University of London, Imperial Coll. 1997
- BEng(Hons) National University of Singapore 1991
|Associate Professor GUAN Yong Liang (http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/eylguan/index.htm) obtained his PHD from Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine (University of London), UK, in 1997, and B.Eng. degree with first class honors from the National University of Singapore in 1991. In 1991-1993, he worked in the cellular and wireless industry in Singapore. He is now an Associate Professor with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, and the Director of the Positioning and Wireless Technology Center (PWTC, http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/Centre/pwtc/profile.html), at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
His research interests broadly include modulation, coding and signal processing for communication systems and information security systems. He has led 10 past and present externally-funded research projects (ASTAR, DSTA/DSO, industry) with cumulative funding of about SGD 4 million. He is an Associate Editor of the IEEE Signal Processing Letter, and has served in the organizing/technical committees of international conferences including ICC, VTC, and ICUWB. He has been granted 1 patent and has filed another 3. He has published an invited monograph, over 160 journal and conference papers, and 3 book chapters.
|1) Modulation, coding, and signal processing
- UWB signal processing
- Dirty-paper coding
- MIMO coding
- Turbo/LDPC coding
- Multi-carrier modulation
- Wideband CDMA
2) Channel modeling
- Power line communication channels
- Multi-carrier channels
- UWB channels
3) Digital watermarking for information security
- Dirty-paper watermark coding
- Biomedical image watermarking
- Compressed video watermarking
- Watermark attacks and counter-attacks
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2010-2013) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2011-2014) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Asian Office Aerospace Research and Development (2012-2014) [by Department of the Air Force, USA]
- Defence Innovative Research Programme (2013-2016) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech)]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2009-)
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2009-2014)
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2010-2015) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- NTU Internal Funding - EEE (2013-2014) [by School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering]
|Current Projects |
- 2-Dimensional Coding and Signal Processing towards 10TB/in2 Magnetic Recording
- A Peer-To-Peer Non-Line-of-Sight Localization System Scheme In GPS-Denied Scenarios
- Advanced Communications Research Programme (ACRP)- Phase II
- Big-data Computing System: A 3-D IC Perspective
- Channel Characterization and Telemetry System Development
- Development of An Adaptive Wideband Waveform for Dynamic Spectrum Access (Phase 2)
- Digital Watermarking for Real-Time Video-On-Demand (VOD) Distribution.
- Enabling Techniques for Giga-bps Wireless Networks
- Project Bayleaf-DIRP
- Signal Research Programme
- Sub-Project 4 - Dirty-Paper pre-coding
- Sub-Project 5 - Design of New Rate Compatible Punctured Turbo Codes
- Tianpeng Ren, Y L Guan, E Gunawan, E Y Zhang. (2009). Shift-Orthogonal Space-Time Block Code. IEEE Transactions on Communications, , accepted.
- Xiaotian Xu, Yong Liang Guan, Kah Chan Teh. (2009). Performance Analysis of Binned Orthogonal/Bi-Orthogonal Block Code as Dirty-Paper Code for Digital Watermarking. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 16(3), 208-211.
- C Yuen, Y L Guan, T T Tjhung. (2007). Quasi-Orthogonal Space Time Block Code. Imperial College Press.
- H Meng, Y L Guan, S Chen. (2005). Modeling and analysis of noise effects on broadband power-line communications. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 20(2), 630-637.
- K Zhang, Z Song, Y L Guan. (2004). Simulation of Nakagami fading channels with arbitrary cross-correlation and fading parameters. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 3(5), 1463 - 1468.