|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Guan Yong Liang
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Associate Professor GUAN Yong Liang (http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/eylguan/index.htm) obtained his PHD from Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine (University of London), UK, in 1997, and B.Eng. degree with first class honors from the National University of Singapore in 1991. In 1991-1993, he worked in the cellular and wireless industry in Singapore. He is now an Associate Professor with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, and the Director of the Positioning and Wireless Technology Center (PWTC, http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/Centre/pwtc/profile.html), at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
His research interests broadly include modulation, coding and signal processing for communication systems and information security systems. He has led 10 past and present externally-funded research projects (ASTAR, DSTA/DSO, industry) with cumulative funding of about SGD 4 million. He is an Associate Editor of the IEEE Signal Processing Letter, and has served in the organizing/technical committees of international conferences including ICC, VTC, and ICUWB. He has been granted 1 patent and has filed another 3. He has published an invited monograph, over 160 journal and conference papers, and 3 book chapters.
|1) Modulation, coding, and signal processing
- UWB signal processing
- Dirty-paper coding
- MIMO coding
- Turbo/LDPC coding
- Multi-carrier modulation
- Wideband CDMA
2) Channel modeling
- Power line communication channels
- Multi-carrier channels
- UWB channels
3) Digital watermarking for information security
- Dirty-paper watermark coding
- Biomedical image watermarking
- Compressed video watermarking
- Watermark attacks and counter-attacks
- Continental-NTU Corp Lab Main Admin
- Continental-NTU Corp Lab Main Admin (IAF-ICP)
- Continental-NTU Corp Lab Main Admin (RCA)
- Feasibility Study of Multi-Function Millimeter-Wave RaCoPo System
- Next-Generation V2X Network Architecture and Ecosystem for Smart Mobility
- Project Bayleaf-DIRP
- SINGA Shield
- Schaeffler Hub for Advanced Research (SHARE) at NTU
- Signal Research Programme
- Signal Research Programme 2
- Signal Research Programme 3
- Smart Platform Infrastructure Research on Integrative Technology (SPIRIT): A Platform for Translational R&D for a Smart Nation
- Sub-Project 4 - Dirty-Paper pre-coding
- Sub-Project 5 - Design of New Rate Compatible Punctured Turbo Codes
- Thrust A: Smart Mobility & Delivery (IAF-ICP)
- Thrust A: Smart Mobility & Delivery (RCA)
- Thrust B: Artificial Intelligence and Software Engineering (IAF-ICP)
- Thrust B: Artificial Intelligence and Software Engineering (RCA)
- Thrust C: Smart Materials and Communication Technologies (IAF-ICP)
- Thrust C: Smart Materials and Communication Technologies (RCA)
- Tianpeng Ren, Y L Guan, E Gunawan, E Y Zhang. (2009). Shift-Orthogonal Space-Time Block Code. IEEE Transactions on Communications, , accepted.
- Xiaotian Xu, Yong Liang Guan, Kah Chan Teh. (2009). Performance Analysis of Binned Orthogonal/Bi-Orthogonal Block Code as Dirty-Paper Code for Digital Watermarking. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 16(3), 208-211.
- C Yuen, Y L Guan, T T Tjhung. (2007). Quasi-Orthogonal Space Time Block Code. Imperial College Press.
- H Meng, Y L Guan, S Chen. (2005). Modeling and analysis of noise effects on broadband power-line communications. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 20(2), 630-637.
- K Zhang, Z Song, Y L Guan. (2004). Simulation of Nakagami fading channels with arbitrary cross-correlation and fading parameters. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 3(5), 1463 - 1468.
« Back to Research Directory