|Asst Prof Gong Yi|
Division of Communication Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5501
- PhD Hong Kong Univ of Science & Technology 2002
- ME Southeast University 1998
- BE Southeast University 1995
|Gong Yi received his Ph.D. degree from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2002, and M.Eng. and B.Eng. degrees from Southeast University, Nanjing, China, in 1998 and 1995, respectively, all in electrical engineering.
From 1998 to 2002, he was a Research and Teaching Assistant with the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. He then joined the Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute, as a Research Scientist, where he led algorithms development for wireless local area networks. He is now with the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, as an Assistant Professor. In 2009, he was a JSPS Fellow and visiting professor at University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan. He has been a consultant for various organizations including the Panasonic R&D Center Singapore. He has been serving as Technical Program Committee member for prestigious IEEE conferences including ICC and GLOBECOM. Since 2006, he has been an Editor for IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications and IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. He is a Senior Member of IEEE and a Member of IET.
Personal Website: http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/EYGong
|Wireless communication systems and communication theory in general. In particular, space-time coding/ processing, cooperative communications, cognitive radio, MIMO/OFDM, cross-layer design, MIMO radar, and physical layer security.|
|Research Grant |
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2012-2014) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech), Nanyang Technological University]
- Ministry of Defense (2012-2014) [by Ministry of Defense (MINDEF)]
|Current Projects |
- Project Staazer
- Protocol Design and Network Coding for Bandwidth and Power Efficient Communication
- W.D. Lu, Y. Gong, S.H. Ting, X. Wu, and N. Zhang. (2012). Cooperative OFDM relaying for opportunistic spectrum sharing: protocol design and resource allocation. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Full Paper, accepted for publication, Dec. 2011.
- Q. Shi, Y. Gong, and Y. L. Guan. (2011). Modulation classification for asynchronous high-order QAM signals. Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 1415-1422, Oct. 2011.
- X. J. Zhang and Y. Gong. (2011). Power control and channel training for MIMO channels: A DMT perspective. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 2080-2089, July 2011.
- X. J. Zhang and Y. Gong. (2011). On the diversity gain in dynamic decode-and-forward channels with imperfect CSIT. IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 59, no. 1, Jan. 2011.
- X. J. Zhang, Y. Gong, and K. B. Letaief. (2011). On the diversity gain in MIMO channels with joint rate and power control based on noisy CSITR. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 68-72, Jan. 2011.