|Dr. Tang Xiaohong received his B.S degree in Physics (Laser Physics) from Fudan University, China, in 1982 and Ph.D degrees in Electrical Engineering (Semiconductor materials and devices) from the National University of Singapore, Singapore, in 1998. He joined the Nanyang Technological University as a Postdoctoral Fellow in 2000, where he is now an Associate Professor (Semiconductor Photonics and Electronics). Prior to joining Nanyang Technological University, he had worked as a Lecturer in the University of Electronic Science & Technology of China (UESTC), China, and a Process/Product Engineer in the Agilent Technologies, (then Hewlett Packard, Singapore). In Nanyang Technological University, he leads the metal-organic vapor phase epitaxy (MOVPE) group involving in the scientific researches in compound semiconductor epitaxy growths and semiconductor photonic and microelectronic devices. Dr. Tang has been the Principal Investigator and Co-Principal Investigator for a number of major research projects funded by Singapore Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA), Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Ministry of Education (MOE) of Singapore, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) of United States, etc. Dr. Tang is a member of the Materials Research Society (MRS) and the Optical Society of America (OSA).|
- Development of Short Wavelength SLED
- Perfectly Ordered Nano-heterojunction Arrays for Optoelectronic Applications
- Semiconductor Nanoarray for a Novel Gas Sensor
- Sub Project 2 - Development of high performance high power laser diode devices
- Tang, Xiaohong; Zhang, Baolin; Yin, Zongyou,. (2013). Mid-infrared Emissive InAsSb Quantum Dots Grown by Metal-organic Chemical Vapor Deposition. CrystEngComm, 15, 604-608.
- Qiao Zhongliang, Tang Xiaohong, Lee Eng Kian Kenneth, Lim Peng Huei and Bo BaoXue,. (2013). Large Energy Band-gap Tuning of 980 nm InGaAs/InGaAsP Quantum Well Structure via Quantum Well Intermixing. Solid-State Electronics, 79, 281--284.
- Liu Hai, Wu Junsheng, Wang Ying, Chow Chee Lap, Liu Qing, Gan Chee Lip, Tang Xiaohong, Rawat Rajdeep Singh, Tan Ooi Kiang, Ma Jan, Huang Yizhong. (2012). Self-Organization of a Hybrid Nanostructure consisting of a Nanoneedle and Nanodot. Small, 8, 2807.
- 10. Xiaohong Tang, Jinghua Zhao, Jinghua Teng, Anna Marie Yong. (2012). An atomic ordering based AlInP unicompositional quantum well grown by MOVPE. Journal of Crystal Growth, 356, 1-3.
- 3. Liu, Hai; Wu, Junsheng; Wang, Ying; Chow, Chee Lap; Liu, Qing; Gan, Chee Lip; Tang, Xiaohong; Rawat, R.S.; Tan, Ooi Kiang; Ma, Jan; Huang, Y.Z.,. (2012). Self-Organization of a Hybrid Nanostructure consisting. Small, 8(18), 2807-2811.