|Prof Zhu Weiguang |
Division of Microelectronics
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4541
- PGDipTHE Nanyang Technological University 1996
- PhD Purdue University 1989
- MS Shanghai Jiaotong University 1984
- BS Shanghai Jiaotong University 1982
Professor (8/2003 – present): School Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Research Fellow, Lecture, Senior Lecture, Associate Professor (12/90 – 7/2003): School Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Teaching Assistant, Research Assistant, Post Doctor (8/85 – 12/90): School of Materials Engineering, Purdue University, USA.
Lecturer (9/84 8/85): Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China.
Computer programmer (4/75 2/78): Computer centre in Da Qing Oil Company, China.
Forger (12/72 4/75): Da Qing Oil Company, China.
Herdsman/cowboy (5/69 – 12/72): Hu-Ren-Bei-Er Grassland, Inner-Mongolia, China.
Ph.D, Materials Engineering, Purdue University, USA (1989).
Master, Materials Science & Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China (1984).
BSc, Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China (1982).
Dr. Zhu is a member of American Ceramic Society, IEEE, Materials Research Society; and currently the Chair-Elect of Asian Ferroelectric Association, Chair-Elect of Asian Electroceramic Association, Editor Board of J. Ferroelectrics, IEEE UFFC Committee, and Fellow of Institute of Engineers of Singapore. He has given more than 70 invited talks/papers in international conferences and world renowned universities and institutions. Dr. Zhu has organized several international conferences, served many times as the session chairman, and member of various Organization, Advisory, Program, Technical, and Scientific Committees in international conferences. He has received the Outstanding Achievement Award from 16th ISIF. He has held 8 patents, published 7 book chapters, more than 220 referred international journal papers, 36 invited presentations, and been invited as the Guest Editor for J. Ferroelectrics and Related Materials, J. Ceramics International and Ceramic Transactions, Visiting Professor at EPFL of Switzerland, RWTH at Aachen of Germany, Xi’an Jiaotong University of China, Xi’dian University of China, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nanjing University and National Laboratory on Solid-State Microstructure of China, and Invited Professor at the French National Institute on Condensed Matters of Chemistry at Bordeaux (ICMCB-CNRS). His research interests includes electronic materials, ferroelectrics, ferroelectric composites, thin films, high-k dielectrics, microwave tunable dielectrics, sensors and actuators, high-Tc superconductors, superionic conductors, atomic diffusion, crystallography. As the Principle Investigator, Dr. Zhu has completed and carried out 18 research projects for total of $7.386M, including more than $6.316M external funds.
|ferroelectrics, multifunctional ultrathin films/superlattice by L-MBE, high-k dielectric thin films for CMOS, nanoelectronics & oxide-electronics, flexoelectricity, spintronics, sensors, electronic materials and their applications, thin film sensors, piezoelectric actuator, functional composite, nano-fabrication and characterization, pyroelectric IR sensor and arrays, MEMS micro-sensors and micro-actuators, ferroelectric field emission display, tunable dielectrics for microwave antenna and devices, diamond thin films, high Tc superconductor ceramics and Thin films, demixing in oxides, diffusion in multicomponent systems, mixed conduction in ß Alumina, crystallography, shape memory alloys, Martensite and Martensitic transformation, laser rainbow hologram, electron hologram.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2010-2013) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Public Sector Funding (2010-2013) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Seed Funding (2012-)
|Current Projects |
- Correlated Electron Systems for Beyond Si-based Information Technology
- N22 Higher-K Dielectrics and Metal Gate.
- Phase-Change and Resistive Random-Access-Memory Devices and Integration with Logic Technology
- Ultra-high Density Ferroelectric Fatigue-free Resistive Random Access Memory
- Xiao Guo, Weigang Chen, Xiaofeng Chen, Zhipeng Li, Weiguang Zhu. (2013). Dielectric and Ferroelectric Characteristics of Room-temperature Multiferroic Pb(Zr,Ti)O3-Pb(Fe,Ta)O3 Thin Films. ICMAT2013.
- Xiao Guo, Weigang Chen, Xiaofeng Chen, Zhipeng Li, Weiguang Zhu. (2013). Epitaxial Growth of Room-Temperature Relaxor Magnetoelectric Pb(Zr,Ti)O3-Pb(Fe,Ta)O3 Films By Laser-MBE. ICMAT2013.
- Chen Xiaofeng, Chen Weigang, Li Zhipeng, Guo Xiao and Zhu Weiguang. (2013). Laser Molecular Beam Epitaxy of ultrathin BaTiO3 films for Ferroelectric Tunnel Memristor. ICMAT2013.
- Z. Li, L. You, Z. Yang, H. R. Tan, P. Ren, X. F. Chen, J. S. Pan, J. L. Wang, L. Wang, M. Bosman, W. G. Zhu, and Z. L. Dong. (2013). Multiferroicity in manganite/titanate superlattices determined by oxygen pressure-mediated cation defects. Journal of Applied Physics, 113, 164302.
- X. A. Tran, W. Zhu, B. Gao, J. F. Kang, W. J. Liu, Z. Fang, Z. R. Wang, Y.-C. Yeo, B. Y. Nguyen, M. F. Li, and H. Y. Yu. (2012). A self-rectifying HfOx based Unipolar RRAM with NiSi electrode. IEEE Electron Device Letters, 33 (2012), 585-587.