|Assoc Prof Fan Weijun |
Division of Microelectronics
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4359
- PhD National University of Singapore 1996
- MS Chinese Academy of Sciences 1990
- BE National Univ of Defense Technology 1987
|W. J. Fan received the B. Eng degree in applied physics from National University of Defense Technology, Changsha, China, in 1987, the M. S. degree from the Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, China, in 1990, and the Ph. D. degree in electrical engineering from National University of Singapore, in 1997. From 1990 to 1994, he joined the Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Science as a Research Assistant. From 1996 to 1999, he joined MBE Technology Pte. Ltd., Singapore as a System Engineer. From 1999 to 2000, he was a Process Engineer at Agilent Technologies, Singapore. From 2000 to 2005, he was an Assistant Professor in Nanyang Technological University. Currently, he is an Associate Professor in Nanyang Technological University. His research interests include semiconductor band structure calculations by using effective mass theory, the first-principles method and empirical pseudopotential method (EPM); Compound semiconductor material growth, characterizations and device fabrications; Si photonics; Spintronics. He has authored and co-authored more than 100 refereed journal papers. According to SCI (Web of Science), the total external citations are over 1200 times, his h index is 19. He was the scientific Committee member, reviewer and optoelectronics session co-chair of Symposium J of ICMAT 2005. He is an reviewer of APPL PHYS LETT and J APPL PHYS. He is an IEEE member in year 2000.|
|His research interests include semiconductor band structure calculations by using effective mass theory, the first-principles method and empirical pseudopotential method (EPM); Compound semiconductor material growth, characterizations and device fabrications; Si photonics; Spintronics.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-2015) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
|Current Projects |
- Theory of Direct-transition Optical Gain In A Novel n+ Doping Tensile-strained Ge/GeSiSn-on-Si Quantum Well Laser: Many Body Effect
- B. S. Ma, W. J. Fan, Y. X. Dang, W. K. Cheah, and S. F. Yoon. (2007). Annealing effects on the optical properties of a GaInNAs double barrier quantum well infrared photodetector. Applied Physics Letters, 91, 041905-1-3.
- S. T. Ng, W. J. Fan, Y. X. Dang, and S. F. Yoon. (2005). Comparison of electronic band structure and optical transparency conditions of InxGa1-xAs1-yNy/GaAs quantum well calculated by 10-band, 8-band, and 6-band k.p models. Physical Review B, B72, 115341.
- W. J. Fan, S. F. Yoon, T. K. Ng, S. Z. Wang, and W. K. Loke. (2002). Comparison of nitrogen compositions in the as-grown GaNAs on GaAs measured by high-resolution x-ray diffraction and secondary-ion mass spectroscopy. Applied Physics Letters, 80(22), 4136-4138.
- W. J. Fan, M. F. Li, T. C. Chong, and J. B. Xia. (1996). Electronic properties of zinc-blende GaN, AlN and their alloy Ga1-xAlx N. Journal of Applied Physics, 79, 188-194.
- Jian-Bai Xia and Wei-Jun Fan. (1989). Electronic structures of superlattices under in-plane magnetic field. Physical Review B, 40, 8508-8515.