|Prof Zhong Wende|
Division of Communication Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4540
- PhD The Univ of Electro-Communications 1993
- ME The Univ of Electro-Communications 1990
- BE Beijing Univ of Posts & Telecommun 1982
|Dr Zhong is a full professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He received his MEng and Ph.D degrees from the University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo in 1990 and 1993, respectively. He has carried out significant research in the area of optical communications and networks, and published more than 200 refereed journal and conference papers. He has served as Conference/Symposium Chair and TPC Chair for several international conferences including ICOCN, PGC, ICICS, MWP. He has given keynote and invited presentations at several international conferences. During 1993-1995, he was a post-doctoral fellow at NTT Network Service Systems Laboratories, Tokyo, Japan. From 1995-2000, he was a research fellow and then senior research fellow at Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Melbourne, Australia. He joined NTU in 2000 as an associate professor, and was promoted to a full professor in 2009. He has broad research interests. He has been working on optical fiber communication systems and networks, free space optical communications. Recently he has extended his research interests to energy efficiency and optimization problems in data centre networks and smart grid. He is a senior member of IEEE.|
|Dr Zhong has broad research interests. His current research works include:
1. Optical fiber communication systems and networks
2. Free space optical communications
3. Optical access networks
4. Data centre networks
5. Smart grid
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-2015) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2014-2017) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Investigation on Self-Seeding Reflective Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers for Colorless High-speed WDM-PONs
- RoF-WDM-PON System for Next-Generation Integrated Wired and Wireless Access Networks
- R. Lin, W.D. Zhong, Z. Zhang and F Luan. (2013). An Efficient Energy-Saving Scheme Incorporating Dozing and Sleep Modes for CLS-Based WDM-PONs with Colorless ONUs. Optics Express, .
- Z. Wang, W.D. Zhong and C. Yu. (2012). Performance Improvement of OOK Free-Space Optical Communication Systems by Coherent Detection and Dynamic Decision Threshold in Atmospheric Turbulence Conditions. IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, .
- F. Xiong, W. D. Zhong, H. Kim. (2012). A Broadcast-Capable WDM-PON Based on Polarization-Sensitive Weak-Resonant-Cavity Fabry-Perot Laser Diodes. Journal of Lightwave Technology, 30(2), 355-361.
- Z. Wang, W. D. Zhong, C. Yu and S. Fu. (2012). Performance improvement of on-off-keying free-space optical transmission systems by a co-propagating reference continuous wave light. Optics Express, .
- F. Zhang, W. D. Zhong, Z. Xu, T. H. Cheng, C. Michie, I. Andonovic. (2011). A Broadcast/Multicast-Capable Carrier-Reuse WDM-PON. Journal of Lightwave Technology, 29(15), 2276-2284.