|Prof Zhong Wende|
Division of Communication Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4540
- PhD The Univ of Electro-Communications 1993
- ME The Univ of Electro-Communications 1990
- BE Beijing Univ of Posts & Telecommun 1982
|Dr Zhong is a professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He received his MEng and Ph.D degrees from the University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo in 1990 and 1993, respectively. He has carried out significant research in the area of optical communications and networks, and published more than 200 refereed journal and conference papers. He has served as Conference Chair and TPC Chair for several international conferences including ICOCN, ICICS, MWP. He has given several invited presentations at prestigious international conferences. During 1993-1995, he was a post-doctoral fellow at NTT Network Service Systems Laboratories, Tokyo, Japan. From 1995-2000, he was a research fellow and then senior research fellow at Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Melbourne, Australia. He joined NTU in 2000 as an associate professor, where His research interests include optical WDM systems and networks, photonic switching systems, data centre networks, smart grid and energy management systems. He is a senior member of IEEE.|
|Dr Zhong's areas of expertises are optical communication systems and networks, smart grid, energy management systems and data center networks. His current research works focus on:
1. WDM optical passive networks
2. Smart grid and energy management systems
3. Data centre system
4. Traffic grooming and multicasting in IP over WDM networks,
5. Survivable optical network design
6. Photonic switching systems
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-2015) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
|Current Projects |
- Investigation on Self-Seeding Reflective Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers for Colorless High-speed WDM-PONs
- F. Xiong, W. D. Zhong, H. Kim. (2012). A Broadcast-Capable WDM-PON Based on Polarization-Sensitive Weak-Resonant-Cavity Fabry-Perot Laser Diodes. Journal of Lightwave Technology, 30(2), 355-361.
- F. Zhang, W. D. Zhong, Z. Xu, T. H. Cheng, C. Michie, I. Andonovic. (2011). A Broadcast/Multicast-Capable Carrier-Reuse WDM-PON. Journal of Lightwave Technology, 29(15), 2276-2284.
- R. Lin, W. D. Zhong, S. K. Bose, M. Zukerman. (2011). Design of WDM Networks With Multicast Traffic Grooming. Journal of Lightwave Technology, 29(16), 2337-2349.
- R. Lin, W. D. Zhong, S. K. Bose, M. Zukerman. (2010). Light-Tree Configuration for Multicast Traffic Grooming in WDM Mesh Networks. Photonic Network Communications, 20(2), 151 - 164.
- Q. Huang and W. D. Zhong. (2010). A Wavelength-Routed Multicast Packet Switch With a Shared-FDL Buffer. Journal of Lightwave Technology, 28(19), 2822 - 2829.