|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Zhong Wende
Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|Dr W. D Zhong is a professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU). He has extensive experience in research and development of optical communication systems and networks. He recently has also worked on resource optimization in data centers, and demand response in smart grid. He has published more than 130 refereed journal papers and over 150 conference papers. He is a co-inventor of 19 patents. He has been invited to give keynote and invited presentations at several international conferences. He joined NTU in 2000 as an associate professor, and was promoted to a full professor in 2009. He has initiated, managed and successfully completed many research projects in optical communication systems and networks, and network protection and restoration, traffic grooming and performance optimization. He has served as conference/symposium chair/co-chair or technical program chair/co-chair for several international conferences including ICOCN, ICICS, MWP, GPC and ICCC. He is an associate editor for IEEE Access Journal, and serves on editorial boards of Unmanned Systems, and ISRN Communication and Networking. His current research interests include performance evaluation and optimization, and optical communication systems and networks, visible light communication and positioning systems.|
|Dr Zhong has broad research interests including performance evaluation and optimization, and optical communication systems and networks, visible light communication and positioning systems.|
- C. Chen, W. Zhong, H. Yang, S. Zhang, and P. Du. (2018). Reduction of SINR Fluctuation in Indoor Multi-Cell VLC Systems Using Optimized Angle Diversity Receiver. Journal of Lightwave Technology , 36(17).
- S. Zhang, W. Zhong, P. Du and C. Chen. (2018). Experimental Demonstration of Indoor Sub-Decimeter Accuracy VLP System Using Differential PDOA. IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, 30(19).
- P. Du, S. Zhang, C. Chen, A. Alphones, and W. Zhong. (2018). Demonstration of a Low-complexity Indoor Visible Light Positioning System Using an Enhanced TDOA Scheme. IEEE Photonics Journal, 10(4).
- R. Zhang, W. D. Zhong, K. Qian, S. Zhang, and P. Du. (2018). A Reversed Visible Light Multi-Target Localization System via Sparse Matrix Reconstruction. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 5(5).
- C. Chen, W.-D. Zhong, and D. H. Wu. (2017). On the coverage of multiple-input multiple-output visible light communications [Invited]. Journal of Optical Communications and Networking, 9(9), D31–D41.
« Back to Research Directory