|Assoc Prof Wang Hong |
Division of Microelectronics
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4358
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2001
- MEng Nanyang Technological University 1998
- BE Zhejiang University 1988
|Dr. Wang Hong is currently an Associate Professor is School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. He is also the Director of Nanyang NanoFabrication Centre and Deputy Director of Silicon Technologies - Centre of Excellence.
Dr. Wang received the B.Eng. degree from Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, in 1988, and the M.Eng. and Ph.D. degrees from the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, in 1998 and 2001, respectively. Before he joints NTU in 1996, he was with the Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences from 1988 to 1994, where he developed InP-based opto-electronic integrated circuits (OEICs). From 1994 to 1995, he was a Royal Research Fellow with British Telecommunications Laboratories, Ipswich, U.K., where he was involved with the development of InP-based heterostructure field-effect transistors (HFETs) using E-beam lithography.
In 2000, Dr. Wang demonstrated the world first InP-based metamorphic heterojunction bipolar transistor (MHBT). Dr. Wang was a recipient of the Royal Research Fellowship, U.K. (1994-1995) and corecipient of the 2007 Defence Technology Prize, MINDEF, Singapore for his outstanding contributions to the development of MMICs. He served as a Deputy General Chair of IEEE International Nanoelectronics Conference (INEC) 2013, session chair, and committee member for 2009 and 2010 IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM), and Vice-chairman for the Active Microwave/Millimeterwave Components and Devices Subcommittee, Asia and Pacific Microwave Conference 2008. He has authored or coauthored over 180 technical papers and 2 book chapters. His current research interests include III-V devices and technology, micro- and nano-fabrication, RF Si MOS devices and technologies, and RF MEMS.
|Prof. Wang's areas of expertise are semiconductor devices and IC technologies. His current research works focus on compound semiconductor and Si-based device physics, fabrication technology, and characterization.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2011-2014) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2012-2014) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2012-2017) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech) (2011-2013) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech)]
- Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech) (2012-2013) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech)]
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2011-2014) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2013-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University, Ministry of Defense (MINDEF)]
- NTU Internal Funding - New Initiative Funding (2011-)
|Current Projects |
- Development of Monolithically Integrated Semiconductor Mode-Locked Laser (MLLS) for Photonic Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) Application
- Fabrication of High Saturation Current, High Speed Photodetectors
- GaN-Based Devices and ICs On Silicon for mm-wave Applications
- INP-Based Transistors For InP-on-si Optoelectronic Circuits
- Nanowire-Based Image Sensors
- Next Generation High Performance Uncooled Infrared Image Sensor Technology
- Silicon Waveguide-Integrated InP/InGaAs Photonic Components and Si-compatible Process Integration
- S. Arulkumaran, G. I. Ng, S. Vicknesh, H. Wang, K. S. Ang, J. P. Y. Tan, V. K. Lin, S. Todd, G.-Q. Lo, and S. Tripathy. (2013). Direct Current and Microwave Characteristics of Sub-micron AlGaN/GaN High-Electron-Mobility Transistors on 8-Inch Si(111) Substrate. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 51, 11001-4.
- S. Arulkumaran, G.I. Ng, S. Vicknesh, H. Wang, K. S. Ang, C. M. Kumar, K. L. Teo, and K. Ranjan. (2013). Demonstration of Submicron-Gate AlGaN/GaN High-Electron-Mobility Transistors on Silicon with Complementary Metal–Oxide–Semiconductor-Compatible Non-Gold Metal Stack. Applied Physics Express, 6, 016501.
- M. Abe, K. S. Ang, H. Wang, and G. I. Ng. (2013). Modulation-Doped AlGaAs/InGaAs Thermopiles (H-PILEs) for Uncooled IR-FPA Utilizing Integrated HEMT-MEMS TechnologyThe Wonder of Nanotechnology..
- H. Wang. (2013). Chapter 7: Metamorphic Heterojunctuin Bipolar TransistorsLattice Engineering: Technologies and Application. (pp. 20)..
- H. Su, H. Wang, H. Liao, and H. Hu. (2012). Degradation of High-Frequency Noise in nMOSFETs Under Different Modes of Hot-Carrier Stress. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 59(11), pp.3078-3083.