|Prof Koh Soo Ngee |
Fellow, Renaissance Engineering Programme
Division of Communication Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6592 7937
Office: ADM 03-03
- PhD Loughborough Univ of Tech 1985
- MSc Loughborough Univ of Tech 1981
- BSc(Hons) University of London 1979
- BEng(Hons) University of Singapore 1979
|KOH SOO NGEE received the BEng degree from the University of Singapore and the BSc degree from the University of London both in 1979. He obtained his MSc and PhD degrees from Loughborough University, UK in 1981 and 1985 respectively. Prior to his return to Singapore, he worked as a consultant at the British Telecom Research Laboratories in England. He joined Nanyang Technological University (NTU) of Singapore in 1985. He was the founding Head of the Communication Engineering Division of the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) of NTU from 1995 to 2005, founding co-Chair of the International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing in 1997, Associate Chair (Academic) from 2005 to 2011, and Director (Undergraduate Education, Projects) from 2011 to 2012. He is currently a Professor of the University. He has published more than 140 papers in international journals and conference proceedings, and holds two international patents on speech coder design. He was a co-recipient of the IREE ( Australia) Norman Hayes best paper award in 1990. His research interests include speech processing, coding, enhancement and recognition, computer-aided language learning, blind source separation and secured communication.|
|Speech Processing, Coding, Enhancement and Recognition.
Secured scramblers and encoders
Blind Source Separation and Communication Signal Processing.
Computer-Aided Language Learning
|Research Grant |
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2010-2013) [by MINDEF - DSO National Laboratories]
|Current Projects |
- Secured Scrambler and Encoder
- X B Liu, S N Koh, C C Chuiand X W Wu. (2013). A Study on Reconstruction of Linear Scrambler Using Dual Words of Channel Encoder. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 8(3), 542-552.
- X B Liu, S N Koh, X W Wu, C C Chui. (2012). Reconstructing a Linear Scrambler with Improved Detection Capability and in the Presence of Noise. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 7(1), 208-218.
- V. G. Reju, S. N. Koh and I. Y. Soon. (2010). Underdetermined Convolutive Blind Source Separation via Time-Frequency Masking. IEEE Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing, 18(1), 101-116.
- V. G. Reju, S. N. Koh and I. Y. Soon. (2009). An algorithm for mixing matrix estimation in instantaneous blind source separation. Signal Processing, 89(9), 1762-1773.
- C H You, S N Koh and S Rahardja. (2006). Masking-based beta-Order MMSE Speech Enhancement. Speech Communication, 48(1), 57-70.