|Prof Yoon received his B.Eng and Ph.D degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Wales in Cardiff, United Kingdom in 1983 and 1986, respectively. He joined the Nanyang Technological University (then Nanyang Technological Institute) as a faculty member in 1989, where he is now Full Professor (Solid State Electronics and Photonics). Prior to joining Nanyang Technological University, he has worked as Research Engineer at ST Microelectronics, Italy and Research Associate at Standard Telecommunication Labs at Harlow, United Kingdom. In Nanyang Technological University, he directs the Compound Semiconductor & Quantum Information (CSQI) Group which presently comprises more than 20 research students and research staff. The CSQI Group is one of the largest in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering with key expertise in compound semiconductor materials, physics and device technology. Prof Yoon was Vice-Dean (Research) in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering from 1999-2005. He has published and presented numerous papers in international peer-reviewed journals and international conferences in the compound semiconductor, thin films and solid state photonics and RF device areas. |
- Bo Wen Jia, Kian Hua Tan, Wan Khai Loke, Satrio Wicaksono, Soon Fatt Yoon. (2018). Growth and characterization of InSb on (1 0 0) Si for mid-infrared application. Applied Surface Science, 440, 939-945.
- B. W. Jia, K. H. Tan, W. K. Loke, S. Wicaksono, and S. F. Yoon. (2018). Growth and characterization of an InSb infrared photoconductor on Si via an AlSb/GaSb buffer. Journal of Crystal Growth, 490, 97.
- Wan Khai Loke, Kian Hua Tan, Kwang Hong Lee, Satrio Wicaksono, and Soon Fatt Yoon,. (2018, April). Growth and Characterization of InAs p-i-n Photodetector Through Cation Exchange for Mid-infrared Detection on Si Substrate. Paper presented at 2018 MRS Spring Meeting 2-6 April, Phoenix, Arizona USA.
- B. W. Jia, K. H. Tan, W. K. Loke, S. Wicaksono, K. H. Lee, and S. F. Yoon. (2018). Monolithic Integration of InSb Photodetector on Silicon for Mid-Infrared Silicon Photonics. ACS Photonics, 5, 1512.
- Bo Wen Jia, Kian Hua Tan, Wan Khai Loke, Satrio Wicaksono, Soon Fatt Yoon. (2018). Integration of an InSb photodetector on Si via heteroepitaxy for the mid-infrared wavelength region. Optics Express, 26(6), 7227-7234.