|Prof Yoon received his B.Eng and Ph.D degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Wales in Cardiff, United Kingdom in 1983 and 1986, respectively. He joined the Nanyang Technological University (then Nanyang Technological Institute) as a faculty member in 1989, where he is now Full Professor (Solid State Electronics and Photonics). Prior to joining Nanyang Technological University, he has worked as Research Engineer at ST Microelectronics, Italy and Research Associate at Standard Telecommunication Labs at Harlow, United Kingdom. In Nanyang Technological University, he directs the Compound Semiconductor & Quantum Information (CSQI) Group which presently comprises more than 20 research students and research staff. The CSQI Group is one of the largest in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering with key expertise in compound semiconductor materials, physics and device technology. Prof Yoon was Vice-Dean (Research) in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering from 1999-2005. He has published and presented numerous papers in international peer-reviewed journals and international conferences in the compound semiconductor, thin films and solid state photonics and RF device areas. |
- Electronic Devices Empowered by High-Mobility Materials
- Innovations in Buffer Technology and Layer Transfer
- Integrated III-V/Si Multi-Junction Solar Cell
- Monetary Academic Resources for Research
- New Optical Devices Empowered by New Materials Platform
- Novel Dilute Nitride III-V Compound Semiconductor for 1550nm Ultra-Fast Photoconductive Switches
- SMA Graduate Fellowship Research Supplement - Leong Yurong Nelvin
- SMA Graduate Fellowship Research Supplement - Wang Cong
- Start-Up Grant for Prof Yoon Soon Fatt
- Start-up Grant
- Surface Plasmon Enhanced Uncooled Midwave Infrared Photodetecting Cameras for Thermal Imaging
- Thin Film Multi-Junction Solar Cell
- Tan Kian Hua, Loke Wan Khai, Satrio Wicaksono, Li Daosheng, Leong Yurong, Yoon Soon Fatt, P.Sharma, T. Milakovich, Mayank Bulsara, and Eugene A. Fitzgerald. (2014). Study of a 1eV GaNAsSb photovoltaic cell grown on a silicon substrate. Applied Physics Letters, 104, 103906.
- Loke Wan Khai, Zhou Qian, Gong Xiao, Man Hon Samuel Owen, Satrio Wicaksono, Tan Kian Hua, Yeo Yee-Chia and Yoon Soon Fatt. (2014). Migration Enhanced Epitaxy of InGaP on Offcut Ge(001) Using Solid-Source Molecular Beam Epitaxy. International SiGe Technology and Device Meeting (ISTDM) 2014.
- K. H. Tan, S. F. Yoon, S. Wicaksono, W. K. Loke, D. S. Li, N. Saadsaoud, C. Tripon-Canseliet, J. F. Lampin, D. Decoster,and J. Chazelas. (2013). Low temperature grown GaNAsSb: A promising material for photoconductive switch application. Applied Physics Letters, 103(11), 11113.
- C. Y. Yeo, D. W. Xu, S. F. Yoon, and E. A. Fitzgerald. (2013). Low temperature direct wafer bonding of GaAs to Si via plasma activation. Applied Physics Letters, 105(5), 054107.
- S.F.Yoon. (2013). Dilute nitride-antimonide semiconductor alloys for high speed micro and nanosystems: A review of recent progress. 5th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies 2009, ICMAT 2009Singapore.