|Prof Yoon received his B.Eng and Ph.D degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Wales in Cardiff, United Kingdom in 1983 and 1986, respectively. He joined the Nanyang Technological University (then Nanyang Technological Institute) as a faculty member in 1989, where he is now Full Professor (Solid State Electronics and Photonics). Prior to joining Nanyang Technological University, he has worked as Research Engineer at ST Microelectronics, Italy and Research Associate at Standard Telecommunication Labs at Harlow, United Kingdom. In Nanyang Technological University, he directs the Compound Semiconductor & Quantum Information (CSQI) Group which presently comprises more than 20 research students and research staff. The CSQI Group is one of the largest in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering with key expertise in compound semiconductor materials, physics and device technology. Prof Yoon was Vice-Dean (Research) in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering from 1999-2005. He has published and presented numerous papers in international peer-reviewed journals and international conferences in the compound semiconductor, thin films and solid state photonics and RF device areas. |
- S.Y. Lee, K.H.Tan, W.K. Loke, S. Wicaksono, D. Li, R. Harper, S.F. Yoon. (2016). Dry Etched Waveguide Laser Diode on GeOI. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, Vol. 21,(6), 1502806.
- K.H. Goh, K.H. Tan, S. Yadav, Annie, S.F. Yoon, G. Liang, X. Gong, Y.C. Yeo. (2015). Gate-all-around CMOS (InAs n-FET and GaSb p-FET) based on vertically-stacked nanowires on a Si platform, enabled by extremely-thin buffer layer technology and common gate stack and contact modules. International Electron Devices Meeting. IEDM (Year), , . 15.14.11-15.14.14.
- S. Yadav, K.H. Tan, Annie, K.H. Goh, S. Subramanian, K.L. Low, N. Chen, B. Jia, S.F. Yoon, G. Liang, X. Gong, Y.C. Yeo. (2015). First monolithic integration of Ge P-FETs and InAs N-FETs on silicon substrate: Sub-120 nm III-V buffer, sub-5 nm ultra-thin body, common raised S/D, and gate stack modules. International Electron Devices Meeting. IEDM (Year), , 2.3.1-2.3.4.
- B.W. Jia, K.H. Tan, W.K. Loke, S. Wicaksono, and S.F. Yoon. (2015). Epitaxial growth of low threading dislocation density InSb on GaAs using self-assembled periodic interfacial misfit dislocations. Materials Letters, 158, 258-261.
- N. Leong, K.H. Tan, W.K. Loke, S. Wicaksono, D. Li, S.F. Yoon, P. Sharma, T. Milakovich, M. Bulsara, G. Fitzgerald. (2015). Growth of 1-eV GaNAsSb-based photovoltaic cell on silicon substrate at different As/Ga beam equivalent pressure ratios. Progress in Photovoltaics, 24, 340-347.