|Prof Yoon received his B.Eng and Ph.D degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Wales in Cardiff, United Kingdom in 1983 and 1986, respectively. He joined the Nanyang Technological University (then Nanyang Technological Institute) as a faculty member in 1989, where he is now Full Professor (Solid State Electronics and Photonics). Prior to joining Nanyang Technological University, he has worked as Research Engineer at ST Microelectronics, Italy and Research Associate at Standard Telecommunication Labs at Harlow, United Kingdom. In Nanyang Technological University, he directs the Compound Semiconductor & Quantum Information (CSQI) Group which presently comprises more than 20 research students and research staff. The CSQI Group is one of the largest in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering with key expertise in compound semiconductor materials, physics and device technology. Prof Yoon was Vice-Dean (Research) in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering from 1999-2005. He has published and presented numerous papers in international peer-reviewed journals and international conferences in the compound semiconductor, thin films and solid state photonics and RF device areas. |
- Wan Khai Loke, Kian Hua Tan, Satrio Wicaksono, Soon Fatt Yoon, Wei Wang, Qian Zhou, and Yee-Chia Yeo. (2015). Strain-relaxed buffer technology based on metamorphic InxAl1-xAs. Journal of Crystal Growth, 424, 68-76.
- Y. Dong, W. Wang, X. Xu, X. Gong, D. Lei, Q. Zhou, Z. Xu, W.K. Loke, S.F. Yoon, G. Liang, and Y.C. Yeo. (2015). Germanium-tin on Si avalanche photodiode: Device design and technology demonstration. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 62(1), 128-135.
- Man-Hon S. Owen, Q. Zhou, X. Gong, Z. Zhang, J.S. Pan, W.K. Loke, S. Wicaksono, S.F. Yoon, E.S. Tok and Y.C. Yeo. (2014). Band alignment study of lattice-matched In0.49Ga0.51P and Ge using x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. Applied Physics Letters, 105(10), 101604.
- S. Subramanian, E. Y.-J. Kong, D. Li, S. Wicaksono, S. F. Yoon, and Y-C. Yeo,. (2014). P2S5/(NH4)2Sx-based sulfur mono-layer doping for source-drain extensions in n-channel InGaAs FETs. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 61(8), 2767 - 2773.
- Tan Kian Hua, Loke Wan Khai, Satrio Wicaksono, Li Daosheng, Leong Yurong, Yoon Soon Fatt, P.Sharma, T. Milakovich, Mayank Bulsara, and Eugene A. Fitzgerald. (2014). Study of a 1eV GaNAsSb photovoltaic cell grown on a silicon substrate. Applied Physics Letters, 104, 103906.