|Assoc Prof Sheel Aditya |
Deputy Head, Division of Communication Engineering
Division of Communication Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4198
- PhD Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi 1979
- BTech(Distn) Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi 1974
|Dr. Sheel Aditya received his B.Tech. and Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from IIT Delhi in 1974 and 1979, respectively. He was a staff member in the Electrical Engineering Department, IIT Delhi, from 1974-2001 and held academic positions ranging from lecturer to professor. Since 2001 he is an Associate Professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Dr. Aditya has published more than 90 papers in international journals, has presented more than 100 papers in international conferences, has contributed one encyclopaedia article, and has co-edited one international conference proceedings. He has been the Principal Investigator in a number of research & development projects. He jointly holds three patents in India and one in Singapore. He has held visiting assignments at Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, Florida State University, USA, and Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He was the General Co-Chair for ICICS 2011 (8th International Conference on Information, Communication, and Signal Processing, 13-16 December, 2011, Singapore). Dr. Aditya is a Senior Member of IEEE and a Fellow of IETE (India).|
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE: Antennas, Microwaves, Microwave Integrated Circuits, Integrated Optics, Microwave Photonics, Optical Fiber Communication
CURRENT AREAS OF RESEARCH INTEREST:
1. Novel planar microwave guiding structures and antennas
2. Microwave photonics
3. Optical fiber communication systems
|Current Projects |
- Investigation on Planer Helix Slow-wave Structure with Straight Edge Connections for Application in Travelling-Wave Tubes
- C. S. Chua, J. Tsai, S. Aditya, M. Tang, Z. Shen, and L. Wang. (2011). Microfabrication and characterization of W-band planar helix slow-wave structure with straight-edge connections. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 11(11), 4098-4105.
- Junqiang Zhou, Songnian Fu, P. Shum, Sheel Aditya. (2009). Photonic measurement of microwave frequency based on phase modulation. Optics Express, 17(9), 7217-7221.
- G. Ning, J. Zhou, P. Shum, S. Aditya, V. Wong and D. Lim. (2008). A microwave photonic filter using a switchable multiple dual-wavelength erbium-doped fiber laser. Journal of Optics A-Pure and Applied Optics, 10, 085304.
- L. Cheng, S. Aditya, Z. Li, A. Nirmalathas, A. Alphones, L. C. Ong. (2007). Nonlinear Distortion due to Cross-Phase Modulation in Microwave Fiber-Optic Links with Optical Single Sideband or Electrooptical Upconversion. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 55(1), 176-184.
- L. Cheng, S. Aditya, Z. Li, A. Nirmalathas. (2006). Generalized Analysis of Subcarrier Multiplexing in Dispersive Fiber-Optic Links Using Mach-Zehnder External Modulator. Journal of Lightwave Technology, 24(6), 2296-2304.