|Assoc Prof K Radhakrishnan |
Division of Microelectronics
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4549
- PhD National University of Singapore 1989
- MTech Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur 1982
- MSc University of Madras 1979
- BSc University of Madras 1977
|Received M.Sc in Applied Physics from University of Madras, M.Tech in Materials Science from IIT Kanpur, India, and Ph.D in Physics from National University of Singapore, Singapore. In 1991, he joined NTU and pursued his reasearch on the Molecular Beam Epitaxial growth of compound semiconductor materials, where he is now an Associate Professor. He has 19 years of research experience in the area of compound semiconductor materials and devices. He has published more than 100 research papers in reputed International journals, and 14 MEng and PhD students have graduated under his supervision. He has supervised 6 post doctoral fellows and research scientists, and successfully completed more than 15 applied research projects thus far, and is currently investigating 3 joint research projects. Teaching courses include Semiconductor Fundamentals and Microfabrication Engineering.|
|Epitaxial growth and characterization of compound semiconductor materials including III-Nitrides. Development of advanced nanostructures and metamorphic growths. Surface and interface analysis. Device fabrication and characterization for low-noise, power and MMIC applications.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2012-2017) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech) (2010-2013) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech)]
- Defence Science and Technology Agency (2010-2013) [by MINDEF - Defence Science & Technology Agency (DSTA)]
|Current Projects |
- AIGaN/ GaN Based High Performance HEMT Device Structures on Silicon By Molecular Beam Epitaxy (Gallium Nitride On Siicon Growth II)
- GAN-Based Ultraviolet (UV) Detectors on Si
- Intersubband Electroluminescence From III-Nitride Multiple Quantum Wells
- V.K.S. Ong, C.C. Tan, O. Kurniawan, and K. Radhakrishnan. (2011). Improved Calculation of Charge Collection Probability from within the Junction Well. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 58(12), 4434-4437.
- K Radhakrishnan, N. Dharmarasu, Z. Sun, S. Arulkumaran, and G. I. Ng,. (2010). Demonstration of AlGaN/GaN high-electron-mobility transistors on 100 mm diameter Si(111) by plasma-assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Applied Physics Letters, 97, 232107-232109.
- N. Dharmarasu, K. Radhakrishnan, Z. Sun and M. Agrawal. (2010). Realization of two dimensional electron gas in AlGaN/GaN HEMT structure grown on Si (111) by PA-MBE. Int. Workshop on Nitride semiconductors.