|Assoc Prof K Radhakrishnan |
Division of Microelectronics
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4549
- PhD National University of Singapore 1989
- MTech Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur 1982
- MSc University of Madras 1979
- BSc University of Madras 1977
|Received M.Sc in Applied Physics from University of Madras, M.Tech in Materials Science from IIT Kanpur, India, and Ph.D in Physics from National University of Singapore, Singapore. In 1991, he joined NTU and pursued his reasearch on the Molecular Beam Epitaxial growth of compound semiconductor materials, where he is now an Associate Professor. He has 19 years of research experience in the area of compound semiconductor materials and devices. He has published more than 100 research papers in reputed International journals, and 14 MEng and PhD students have graduated under his supervision. He has supervised 6 post doctoral fellows and research scientists, and successfully completed more than 15 applied research projects thus far, and is currently investigating 3 joint research projects. Teaching courses include Semiconductor Fundamentals and Microfabrication Engineering.|
|Epitaxial growth and characterization of compound semiconductor materials including III-Nitrides. Development of advanced nanostructures and metamorphic growths. Surface and interface analysis. Device fabrication and characterization for low-noise, power and MMIC applications.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2012-2017) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2013-)
|Current Projects |
- AlGaN/GaN Based High Performance HEMT Device Structures on Silicon by Molecular Beam Epitaxy (Gallium Nitride on Silicon Growth II
- GAN-Based Ultraviolet (UV) Detectors on Si
- Project FETA
- Sub Project 1 - Intersubband Electroluminescence from III-Nitride Multiple Quantum Wells
- Tan Chee Chin , Vincent K. S. Ong and K. Radhakrishnan. (2013). The study of the charge collection of the normal collector configuration. PROGRESS IN PHOTOVOLTAICS: RESEARCH AND APPLICATIONS, 21(5), 986.
- M. Agrawal, N. Dharmarasu, K. Radhakrishnan, L. Ravikiran. (2013). Origin of tensile strain in GaN grown on AlGaN/AlN stress mitigating layers on 100-mm Si (111) by ammonia molecular beam epitaxy.. Journal of Crystal Growth, in press.
- L. Ravikiran, M. Agrawal, N. Dharmarasu, K. Radhakrishnan. (2013). Effect of stress mitigating layers on the structural properties of GaN grown by ammonia MBE on 100 mm Si (111).. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Accepted.
- M. Agrawal, N. Dharmarasu, K. Radhakrishnan, L. Ravikiran. (2012). Structural properties of GaN grown on AlGaN/AlN stress mitigating layers on 100-mm Si (111) by ammonia molecular beam epitaxy. Thin Solid Films, 520(24), 7109-7114.
- Nethaji Dharmarasu, K. Radhakrishnan, Manvi Agrawal, Lingaparthi Ravikiran, Subramaniam Arulkumaran, Kenneth E. Lee, Ng Geok Ing. (2012). Demonstration of AlGaN/GaN High-Electron-Mobility-Transistors on 100-mm-Diameter Si (111) by Ammonia Molecular Beam epitaxy. Applied Physics Express, 5, 0910031-0910033.