|Prof Zhang Qing |
Division of Microelectronics
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5061
- PhD Kanazawa University 1995
- MS Chinese Academy of Sciences 1987
- BS Lanzhou University 1982
|Qing Zhang received his Bachelor Degree from Lanzhou University, China in 1982, Master Degree from Chinese Academy of Sciences, China in 1987 and Ph.D from Kanazawa University, Japan in 1995. He joined School of EEE in 1996. Currently, he is teaching physics foundation (quantum physics) for first-year students, advanced semiconductor physics for postgraduates and nanoelectronics for postgraduates. He, together with his group members, has been studying the physical properties of carbon nanotubes (CNTs), diamond-like carbon films and CVD diamond and developing a variety of devices based on these carbon materials, including CNT based diodes, CNT nitrophenol/NH3/glucose sensors; complementary CNT-network logic gates, heat transport in CNTs, influence of dichlorocarbene functionalzation on the electrical properties of CNTs, the formation mechanism of diamond-like carbon thin films, etc. He has jointly published 202 peer reviewed journal papers and 170 conference papers/presentations. He serves as director of master degree of science electronics programme and supervisor of nanoelectronics laboratory I and II. He has successfully organized and chaired the Symposium of Nanodevices and Nanofabrication in 2011, 2009, 2007 and 2005, respectively, for the International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies.|
|Prof Qing Zhang's research interests cover the physical properties and electronic and optoelectronic applications of carbon nanotubes, diamond-like carbon films, CVD diamond, graphene and several other nanostructures.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2010-2013) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2011-2014) [by MOE]
- MERLION (2013-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering]
- NRF Competitive Research Program (2008-) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- Singapore - MIT Alliance (SMA) Flag Project (2012-2013) [by Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA)]
|Current Projects |
- Functionalized SiNW/CNT layer-by-layer Structure As Anodes in Li-ion Batteries
- Metamaterials Programme: Meta-Antenna
- Novel RF Sensor on Paper for High Sensitivity of Humidity and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- SMA AMM&NS Students Graduating by 2013/2014
- Towards manufacturability of carbon nanotube-based printed electronics- Metallic and semiconducting SWNT separation and dispersion
- Towards manufacturability of carbon nanotube-based printed electronics- SWNTnet-based logic circuits
- Pingqi Gao, Jianping Zou, Hong Li, Kang Zhang and Qing Zhang. (2012). Complementary Logic Gate Arrays Based on Carbon Nanotube Network Transistors. Small, , DOI:10.1002/smll.201201237.
- Qing Zhang. (2012). Carbon nanotubes and their applications. Pan Stanford Publishing.
- Kang Zhang, Qing Zhang, Cao Liu, Nicola Marzari and Francesco Stellacci. (2012). Diameter Effect on the Sidewall Functionalization of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes by Addition of Dichlorocarbene. Advanced Functional Materials, 22, 5216.
- Chong Guan Low and Qing Zhang. (2012). Ultra-thin and Flat Mica as Gate Dielectric Layers. Small, , DOI: 10.1002/smll.201200300.
- Ning Peng, Qing Zhang, C.L. Chow, O.K.Tan, Nicola Marzari. (2009). Sensing Mechanisms for Carbon Nanotube Based NH3 Gas Detection. Nano Letters, 9, 1626-1630.