|Assoc Prof Wang Peng |
Division of Power Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6856
- PhD University of Saskatchewan 1999
- MSc University of Saskatchewan 1995
- MS Taiyuan University of Technology 1987
- BS Xian Jiaotong University 1978
|Peng Wang received his B.Sc. degree from Xian Jiaotong University, China, in 1978, the M. Sc. degree from Taiyuan University of Technology, China, in 1987, and the M. Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Saskatchewan, Canada, in 1995 and 1998, respectively. He was a lecturer and senior lecturer in Electrical Engineering Department at Taiyuan University of Technology from 1978-1991. He worked as visiting scholar in Electrical Engineering Department at British Clombia University, Canada, in 1992. He joined the School of EEE at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, in 1999 where he is currently an associate professor.|
|Power system planning and operation; Renewable energy planning; Solar/electricity convesion system; Power market; Power system reliability analysis.|
|Research Grant |
- NRF CREATE (2012-2016) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NTU Internal Funding - Energy Research Institute@NTU (-)
- NTU Internal Funding - Energy Research Institute@NTU (2012-)
- U.S. Army International Technology Centre Pacific (2012-)
|Current Projects |
- EV Vehicle Charging and Discharging System (EVCDS)
- Hybrid DC/AC Grid for Isolated Power Supply Systems
- Intelligent Laboratory Energy Sub-metering System at NTU
- RP8a: Infrastructure & Transportation: Power Grid
- Smart Metering
- Q. Zhao, P. Wang, L. Goel and Y. Ding. (2013). Impacts of Contingency Reserve on Nodal Price and Nodal Reliability Risk in Deregulated Power Systems. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, .
- X. Liu, P. Wang, P. C. Loh, and F. Blaabjerg. (2013). A Three-phase Dual-Input Matrix Converter for Grid Integration of Two AC Type Energy Resources. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 60(1), 20-30.
- A. Mehrtash, P. Wang, L. Goel. (2013). Reliability Evaluation of Restructured Power Systems Using a Novel OPF-Based Approach. IET Proceedings Generation, Transmission & Distribution, .
- X. Liu, P. C. Loh, P. Wang and F. Blaabjerg. (2013). A Direct Power Conversion Topology for Grid Integration of Hybrid AC/DC Energy Resources. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, early access.
- P. Wang, L. Goel, X. Liu and F. Choo. (2013). Harmonizing AC and DC: A Hybrid AC/DC Future Grid Solution. IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, 11(3), 76-83.