|Assoc Prof Loh Poh Chiang, Andrew |
Division of Power Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5403
- PhD Monash University 2003
- MEng National University of Singapore 2000
- BEng(Hons) National University of Singapore 1998
|Poh Chiang Loh (S'01M'04) received his B.Eng (Hons) and M.Eng from the National University of Singapore in 1998 and 2000 respectively, and his Ph.D from Monash University, Australia, in 2002, all in electrical engineering. During the summer of 2001, he was a visiting scholar with the Wisconsin Electric Machine and Power Electronics Consortium, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA, where he worked on the synchronised implementation of cascaded multilevel inverters, and reduced common mode carrier-based and hysteresis control strategies for multilevel inverters. From 2002 to 2003, he was a project engineer with the Defence Science and Technology Agency, Singapore, managing major defence infrastructure projects and exploring new technology for intelligent defence applications. Since 2003, he is an assistant professor with the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, and during the summer of 2005, he was invited to visit the Institute of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark, and the University of Hong Kong, China, while working on the design of Z-source converters and the control of a 10kV dynamic voltage restorer.|
|PWM/Optimization/Control Techniques, Converter Design, Motor Drives, Power Quality, Renewable Technology, Microgrid, Water and Energy Integrated Systems|
- X. Liu, P. Wang, P. C. Loh, and F. Blaabjerg. (2013). A Three-phase Dual-Input Matrix Converter for Grid Integration of Two AC Type Energy Resources. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 60(1), 20-30.
- X. Liu, P. C. Loh, P. Wang and F. Blaabjerg. (2013). A Direct Power Conversion Topology for Grid Integration of Hybrid AC/DC Energy Resources. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, early access.
- X. Liu, P. C. Loh, P. Wang and F. Blaabjerg. (2013). Distributed Generation using Indirect Matrix Converter in Reverse Power Mode. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 28(3), 1072-1082.
- X. Liu, P. Wang, P. C. Loh and F. Blaabjerg. (2012). A Compact Three-Phase Single-Input / Dual-Output Matrix Converter. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 59(1), 6-16.
- Y. Tang, P. C. Loh, P. Wang, F. H. Choo, F. Gao, and F. Blaabjerg. (2012). Generalized design of high performance shunt active power filters with output LCL-filte. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 59(3), 1443-1452.