|Dr Lai Phooi Ching |
Director, Language and Communication Centre
- BA Wellesley College 1977
- EdM Harvard University 1978
- EdD University of Hawaii 1985
|A/P Lai Phooi Ching, currently in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, has been with the university since 1985. She graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Wellesley College, and went on to Harvard and the University of Hawaii for her EdM and EdD respectively. Her research interests include intercultural communication and intensive English language programs.|
Intensive English language programs
|Research Grant |
- NTU Internal Funding (2012-)
|Current Projects |
- Writing and Communication Lab
- Lai Phooi Ching, Wong Foong Heng, Irene. (2000). The Clash of Cultures in the Job Interview. Journal of Language for International Business, 11(1), 31-40.
- Wong Foong Heng, Irene, Lai Phooi Ching. (2000). Chinese Cultural Values and Performance at Job Interviews: A Singapore Perspective. Business Communication Quarterly, 63(1), 9-22.