|Dr Ooi Kiang TAN received his PhD from the Nanyang Technological University, MSc from the University of Edinburgh and B.Eng (1st Class Hons) from the National University of Singapore. He has been the Sub-Dean for Students Affair, Head of the Division of Microelectronics and Associate Chair for Curriculum & Graduate Studies in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE), and Associate Dean (Projects) at the Graduate Studies Office (GSO) Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Currently, he is a Full Professor at the School of EEE and Director, Office of Admissions & Financial Aid (OAFA).
He has been actively involved in the Sensors, Actuators, and Smart Materials as well as the Nanoelectronics research groups in the Microelectronics Center, School of EEE. His research focus is in the area of microelectronics and functional materials and devices design for electronics, bio-medical, functional sensor and actuator applications. These includes the synthesis, fabrication and characterization of semiconductor & ferroelectric nano-structured materials, thick and thin film devices; high-energy ball milling and sol-gel processing, ICP-CVD nano-technology; bio-chemical sensor and actuator applications; and silicon-based device fabrication & integration. He has been the Chairman of International Steering Committee for the Asian Conference on Chemical Sensors. He is a Senior Member of the IEEE and has served as associate editors for a number of journals including IEEE Sensors Journal. He serves in numerous national boards and committees, including the SERC A*STAR Steering/Management Committee for NanoElectronics Programme with 13 projects of amount S$13.8 millions, expert panel member for the Ministry of Education Academic Research Fund in the areas of Engineering, Physical & Chemical Sciences Discipline. He is current the principal investigator for 6 research grants amounting to S$2.5 millions. He has published over 130 international refereed journals and holds 5 patents.
- Energy efficiency and indoor air-conditioned buildings (BCA)
- Novel High Efficiency Solid-state Self-sensitized Solar Cells (S5C).
- Li Zhang, Mandi Han, Ooi Kiang Tan, Man Siu Tse, Yu Xi Wang, and Chun Chau Sze. (2013). Facile fabrication of Ag/C-TiO2 nanoparticles with enhanced visible light photocatalytic activities for disinfection of Escherichia coli and Enterococcus faecalis. Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 1, 564.
- Zhenan Han, Victor W.C. Chang, Li Zhang, Man Siu Tse, Ooi Kiang Tan, and Lynn M. Hildemann. (2012). Preparation of TiO2-coated polyester fiber filter by spray-coating and its photocatalytic degradation of gaseous formaldehyde. Aerosol and Air Quality Research, 12(6), 1327.
- M. Ghaffari, T. Liu, H. Huang, O.K. Tan, M. Shannon. (2012). Investigation of local structure effect and X-ray absorption characteristics (EXAFS) of Fe (Ti) K-edge on photocatalyst properties of SrTi(1-x)FexO(3-delta). Materials Chemistry and Physics, 136, 347.
- Lim Chiew Keat, Huang Hui, Chow Chee Lap, Tan Pei Yun, Chen Xiaofeng, Tse Man Siu, Tan Ooi Kiang. (2012). Enhanced Charge Transport Properties of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells Using TiNxOy Nanostructure Composite Photoanode. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 116, 19659.
- C.L. Chow, H. Huang, W.C. Ang, H. Liu, Y. Huang, M.S. Tse and O.K. Tan. (2012). Effect of annealing temperature on the crystallization and oxygen sensing property of strontium titanate ferrite sol-gel thin films. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, .