|Dr Ooi Kiang TAN received his PhD from the Nanyang Technological University, MSc from the University of Edinburgh and B.Eng (1st Class Hons) from the National University of Singapore. He has been the Sub-Dean for Students Affair, Head of the Division of Microelectronics and Associate Chair for Curriculum & Graduate Studies in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE), Associate Dean (Projects) at the then Graduate Studies Office (GSO) and Director, Office of Admissions & Financial Aid (OAFA), and Director, Undergraduate Education (Projects) and Deputy Associate Provost (Undergraduate Education) at the President's Office Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Currently, he is a Professor at the School of EEE and Associate Provost (Undergraduate Education).|
He has been actively involved in the Sensors, Actuators, and Smart Materials as well as the Nanoelectronics research in EEE. His research focuses are in the area of microelectronics and functional materials and devices design for electronics, bio-medical, functional sensor and actuator applications. These includes the synthesis, fabrication and characterization of semiconductor & ferroelectric nano-structured materials, thick and thin film devices; high-energy ball milling and sol-gel processing, ICP-CVD nano-technology; bio-chemical sensor and actuator applications; and silicon-based device fabrication & integration. He is the Chairman of International Steering Committee for the Asian Conference on Chemical Sensors. He has served in numerous national boards and committees, including the SERC A*STAR Steering/Management Committee for NanoElectronics Programme, expert panel member for the Ministry of Education Academic Research Fund in the areas of Engineering, Physical & Chemical Sciences Discipline. He is principal investigator and Co-PI for 24 research grants amounting to S$12.8 millions. He has published over 166 international refereed journals and holds 6 patents.
He was awarded the Public Administration Medal (Silver) in 2015.
- Liu, H., Zhang, L., Li, K.H.H., Tan, O.K. (2019). Microhotplates for Metal Oxide Semiconductor Gas Sensor Applications—Towards the CMOS-MEMS Monolithic Approach. Micromachines, 9, 557.
- L. Zhang, K. H. H. Li, M. S. Tse, O. K. Tan, E.-K. Chua, C. L. Chow, C. K. Lim and K.-Y. See. (2017). Modulating and Tuning Relative Permittivity of Dielectric Composites at Metamaterial Unit Cell Level for Microwave Applications. Materials Research Bulletin, 96, 164-170.
- L. Zhang*, K. H. H. Li *, M. S. Tse, O. K. Tan, E.-K. Chua, and K.-Y. See. (2016, August). Modulating and Tuning the Relative Permittivity of Dielectric Materials at the Unit Cell Level: Simulation and Experimental Verification. Paper presented at 2nd International Conference on Advances in Functional Materials, Jeju, South Korea.
- L. Zhang, Q. Luo, X. Chen, M. S. Tse, O. K. Tan, K. H. H. Li, Y. Y. Tay, C. K. Lim, X. Guo and K. C. Leong. (2016). Mechanochemically synthesized CuO/m-BiVO4 composite with enhanced photoelectrochemical and photocatalytic properties. RSC Advances, 6, 65038-65046.
- Q. Luo, L. Zhang, X. F. Chen, O. K. Tan, and K. C. Leong. (2016). Mechanochemically synthesized m-BiVO4 nanoparticles for visible light photocatalysis. RSC Advances, 6, 15796-15802.