|Assoc Prof Ma Maode|
Division of Communication Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4385
- PhD Hong Kong Univ of Science & Technology 1999
- ME Tianjin University 1991
- BE Tsinghua University 1982
|Dr. Maode Ma received his BE degree in computer engineering from Tsinghua University in 1982, ME degree in computer engineering from Tianjin University in 1991 and Ph.D. degree in computer science from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 1999.
Dr. Ma is a tenured Associate Professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. He has extensive research interests including wireless networking, wireless network security and optical networking, etc. He has been a member of the technical program committee for more than 110 international conferences. He has been a technical track chair, tutorial chair, publication chair, and session chair for more than 50 international conferences. Dr. Ma has published more than 130 international academic research papers on wireless networks and optical networks. He currently serves as an Associate Editor for IEEE Communications Letters, an Editor for IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, and an Associate Editor for International Journal of Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Security and Communication Networks, International Journal of Vehicular Technology, Journal of Computer Systems, Networks, and Communications, and International Journal of Computing & Information Technology.
|Wireless Networking, Wireless Network Security, MAC layer Protocol Design, Performance Evaluation of Computer Networks|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2014-2016) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- NTU Internal Funding - Sustainable Earth Office (2013-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Design of An Indoor Intelligent Navigation System for Visual Disabilities
- Design of a Robust Security Framework for Machine-to-Machine Communications in Internet of Things
- Exploratory Studies of Urban Asian Health Communication and Information
- K.R. Raghu, Sanjay K. Bose, Ma Maode. (2008). A Queue Based Scheduling Approach for WMAN with Adaptive Augmentation. WCNC 2008 (pp. 1374 - 1379).
- Maode Ma and Y. Zhang. (2007). QoS Services Provisioning at MAC Layer in WiMax SystemsWireless Metropolitan Area Networks..
- Guangjie Han; Maode Ma. (2007). Connecting Sensor Networks with IP using a Configurable Tiny TCP/IP Protocol Stack. International Conference on Information, Communications & Signal Processing 2007, ICICS2007, (pp. 1 - 5).
- T. H. Chan, C. Y. Cheung, Maode Ma, and M. Hamdi. (2007). Overview of Rate Adaptation Algorithms and Simulation Environment Based on MIMO Technology in WiMAX NetworksAdvances in Mobile WiMAX..
- Maode Ma and Y. Zhang. (2007). Medium Access Control in WiMAXHandbook of WiMAX..