|Assoc Prof Don Mahinda Vilathgamuwa |
Division of Power Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6461
- PhD University of Cambridge 1993
- BSc(Hons) University of Moratuwa 1984
|D. Mahinda Vilathgamuwa (S’90-M’93-SM’99) obtained his B.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka and Cambridge University, UK in 1985 and 1993 respectively. Dr Vilathgamuwa joined the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 1993 as a Lecturer and he is now an Associate Professor. His research interests are Micro-grids, design of grid interfaces for renewable energy systems and power converters. Dr Vilathgamuwa is the co-chairman of Power Electronics and Drives Systems Conference 2009 (PEDS09).|
|Micro-grids, design of grid interfaces for renewable energy systems and power converters.|
|Research Grant |
- Maritime Clean Energy Research Programme (MCERP) (2010-2014) [by Rolls-Royce PIc, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA), Energy Research Institute @NTU (ERIAN)]
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore - NTU (2010-2013) [by Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA), Rolls-Royce PIc]
- NRF CREATE (2012-2016) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- Rolls-Royce PIc (2010-2014)
- Rolls-Royce PIc (2013-2013) [by Rolls-Royce PIc]
- Rolls-Royce PIc (2013-2014) [by Rolls-Royce PIc]
|Current Projects |
- Development of Efficient Inverters for Renewable and Modern Energy Sources
- Development of Start-Up Advanced Control Methods for Electric Compression System as well as System Design Optimization Algorithms
- Electromechanical Interactions with Power Electronics In Starter Generator Application
- Novel Energy Efficient Electric Machines For Electric Ships Using Magneto-Caloric Systems
- Novel Energy Efficient Electric Machines for Electronic Ships Using Magneto-Caloric Systems
- RP6: Energy Storage Engineering
- The Stability of Low Voltage Direct Current Marine Systems
- S.D.G. Jayasinghe, D.M.Vilathgamuwa, U.K. Madawala. (2011). Applied Power Electronics Conference & Exposition, APEC 2011: A Direct Integration Scheme for Battery-Supercapacitor Hybrid Energy Storage Systems.Texas, USA.
- S.D.G. Jayasinghe, D.M.Vilathgamuwa, U.K. Madawala. (2011). Cascade Multilevel STATCOM Configuration for Wind Farms. IET Power Electronics, .
- S.D.G. Jayasinghe, D.M.Vilathgamuwa, U.K. Madawala. (2011). Direct Integration of Battery Energy Storage Systems in Distributed Power Generation. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, .
- S.D.G. Jayasinghe, D.M.Vilathgamuwa, U.K. Madawala. (2010). International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies, ICSET 2010: A Dual Inverter Based Supercapacitor Direct Integration Scheme for Wind Energy Conversion Systems.Kandy, Sri Lanka.
- S.D.G. Jayasinghe, D.M.Vilathgamuwa, U.K. Madawala. (2010). Industrial Electronics Conference, 2010. IECON ‘10. Phoenix,: Dual Inverter Based Battery Energy Storage System for Grid Connected Photovoltaic Systems. (pp. 3269-3274)Glendale, AZ, USA.