|Assoc Prof Chau Lap Pui|
Division of Information Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4239
- PhD Hong Kong Polytechnic University 1997
- BE(Hons) Oxford Brookes University 1992
|Chau Lap Pui received the B. Eng degree with first class honours in Electronic Engineering from Oxford Brookes University, England, and the Ph.D. degree in Electronic Engineering from Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, in 1992 and 1997, respectively.
In June 1996, he joined Tritech Microelectronics as a senior engineer. Since March 1997, he joined School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore as a research fellow, then assistant professor and currently, he is an associate professor. His research interests include streaming media, multimedia coding and compression, and VLSI for signal processing.
He involved in organization committee of international conferences including the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2010, ICIP 2004), and IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME 2010). He is a Technical Program Co-Chair for 2010 International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing and Communications Systems (ISPACS 2010). Besides, he also served as track chairs in technical program committee for many international conferences regularly.
He is a senior member of the IEEE, the Chair of Technical Committee on Circuits & Systems for Communications (TC-CASC), a member of Technical Committee on Multimedia Systems and Applications (TC-MSA) and Technical Committee on Visual Signal Processing and Communications (TC-VSPC) of IEEE Circuits and Systems Society. He was the chairman of IEEE Singapore Circuits and Systems Chapter from 2009 to 2010. He served as a member of Singapore Digital Television Technical Committee from 1998 to 1999. He served as an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, and is currently serving as an associate editor for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, IEEE Signal Processing Letters and IEEE Technology News. Besides, he is IEEE Distinguished Lecturer for 2009-2013, and a steering committee member of IEEE Transactions for Mobile Computing from 2011-2012.
Interactive digital media
Media signal processing
- Boon-Seng Chew; Lap-Pui Chau; Ying He; Dayong Wang; Hoi, S.C.H.;. (2011). Spectral Geometry Image: Image Based 3d Models for Digital Broadcasting Applications. IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, 57(3), 636 - 645.
- Y. Wang, L.-P. Chau, K.-H. Yap. (2010). Joint Rate Allocation for Multi-Program Video Coding using Scalable Video Codec. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, .
- Y. Wang, L.-P. Chau, K.-H. Yap. (2010). Adaptive Resynchronization Approach for Scalable Video over Wireless Channel. Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, .
- T. Chen, Z. Li, K.-H. Yap, K. Wu, and L.-P. Chau. (2009). Proc. International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing: A Multi-scale Learning Approach for Landmark Recognition Using Mobile Devices.
- B.-S. Chew, L.-P. Chau and K.-H. Yap. (2009). Proc. International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing: Virtual Character Animation Mapping.