|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Lalit Kumar Goel
Director, Office of Global Education and Mobility
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4675
- PhD University of Saskatchewan 1991
- MSc University of Saskatchewan 1988
- BTech Kakatiya University 1983
|Lalit Goel was born in New Delhi, India, in 1960. He obtained his BTech Degree in electrical engineering from the Regional Engineering College, Warangal, India in 1983, and his MSc and PhD degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Saskatchewan, Canada, in 1988 and 1991 respectively. He joined the School of EEE at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, in 1991 where he is presently a professor. He served as the Head of the Division of Power Engineering from July 2005 to August 2008. From July 2008 to June 2012, he served as the Dean of Admissions & Financial Aid (re-designated Director of Admissions & Financial Aid with effect from 1 July 2011). Dr Goel was appointed Director, Undergraduate Education (Projects), in the President's Office from Jan 2013 to Dec 2015. Dr Goel is a Fellow of the IEEE. He received the 1997 & 2002 Teacher of the Year Awards for the School of EEE, “Best Teacher of Year 2” awards for 1999/2000, 2000/2001, 2001/2002, 2005/06 and 2009/2010, and the “Best Teacher of Year 3” awards for 2001/2002 and 2002/03. Dr Goel served as the Publications Chair of the 1995 IEEE Power Engineering Society (PES) Energy Management & Power Delivery (EMPD) conference, Organizing Chairman of the 1998 IEEE PES EMPD Conference, Vice-Chairman of the IEEE PES Winter Meeting 2000, Honorary Secretary of the International Power Engineering Conferences (IPEC) in 1997, 1999, 2001 & 2003, Chair of the IEEE PES Powercon2004, Chair of IPEC2005 & IPEC2007, Chair of Tencon2009 and Chair of PMAPS2010. Dr Goel received the IEEE PES Singapore Chapter Outstanding Engineer Award in 2000, and the IEEE PES Outstanding Power Engineering Educator Award in 2009. Dr Goel is the Editor for the International Journal of Electric Power Systems Research, and an editorial board member of the International Journal for Emerging Electric Power Systems. He served as deputy director of NTU's Protective Technology Research Center (PTRC) from May 1999 to April 2007. Dr Goel served as the IEEE Singapore Section Chair from January 2007 to December 2008, and is currently the Asia-Pacific Representative on the IEEE PES Governing Board. Dr Goel is a Fellow of the IEEE. He has published more than 170 international journal and conference papers in the areas of power system reliability, cost/benefit assessment, power markets and renewables.|
|Power system reliability. Cost/benefit considerations. Deregulated power markets. Renewable energy. Power system analysis.|
- NTU Internal Funding (2015-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- Developing Intercultural Competent Exchange Students (DICES) : Pilot study on inculcating 21st century skills for lifelong learning
- Q. Zhao, P. Wang, L. Goel and Y. Ding. (2013). Impacts of Contingency Reserve on Nodal Price and Nodal Reliability Risk in Deregulated Power Systems. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, .
- A. Mehrtash, P. Wang, L. Goel. (2013). Reliability Evaluation of Restructured Power Systems Using a Novel OPF-Based Approach. IET Proceedings Generation, Transmission & Distribution, .
- P. Wang, L. Goel, X. Liu and F. Choo. (2013). Harmonizing AC and DC: A Hybrid AC/DC Future Grid Solution. IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, 11(3), 76-83.
- P.A. Viswanath, L. Goel, P. Wang. (2012). Proc. 10th International Power and Energy Conference (IPEC’12): Mixed Integer Programming Formulation Techniques and Applications to Unit Commitment Problem.Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Q. Zhao, P. Wang, L. Goel & Y. Ding. (2012). PMAPS2012: Reserve optimization to improve operational reliability in deregulated power system with PV power penetration.Istanbul, Turkey.